Wieliczka Salt Mine Entrance Ticket
The tour starts with a descent down the stairs to the depth of 210 feet (64 meters). Visitors are led through a number of chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines, and salt monuments.
The first tourist trail in Wieliczka was established as early as at the turn of the 19th century. A couple of centuries later the salt mine was designated as one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites (1978). The underground trail leads through numerous drifts, galleries and chambers, where traces of mining activity have been preserved, as well as examples of sacred art, theme compositions relating to the history of the mine and legends.
Wielicza Salt Mine is the world's largest mining heritage museum with a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today. Moreover, the microclimate of the mine has a beneficial impact on visitors who suffer from asthma and allergies.
The trip finishes at the level of 443 feet (135 meters) below the surface before taking an elevator back to the surface at the end of the tour.
- Booking fee
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional guide
- Krakow City DIY audioguide (available after the booking) - in English
- If 'Krakow Card' option chosen: public transport to the Salt Mine included
- Entry/Admission - Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions (if option 'Ticket Only' chosen)
- Photo Fee - available to purchase
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The temperature in the mine is constant (about 14 degrees), and therefore it is recommended to bring warm clothing even in the summer
- There are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- The price does not include fees for photography and filming (available to purchase)
- Entry is free for children under 5 years of age, although it is necessary to provide this information when making a reservation
- Please meet Discover Cracow representative at 7 Edwarda Dembowskiego Street, Wieliczka - DISCOVER CRACOW TOURIST INFORMATION POINT (GPS: 49.985063, 20.056599).
- access to more than 40 museums in Krakow
- public transport included (to get to Wieliczka Salt Mine you can take 304 bus)
- To get a youth discount students must have valid student ID ( date of birth, expire date, picture ) card with during the tour and to show it to th Discover Cracow representative when asked
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
Huge queues everywhere. If you like wandering around endless corridors to get to a few open caves then this is for you.Admittedly the underground church is amazing but apart from that.... Should be a way down to the Church and back up. (There actually is but they do not let you use it.) too crowded and too long.