Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour from Krakow Old Town
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wieliczka Salt Mine, Jana Mikolaja Danilowicza 10, Wieliczka 32-020 Poland
The most popular way, the tourist route is about 3 km of winding corridors located between 135 and 240 meters underground. The tour lasts about three hours, in groups of up to 40 people and starts in the Daniłowicz Shaft, where the guide will introduce you to the history and secrets of the mine. The trail leads to the Chapel of St. Kinga, where you can see salt works of art or a spectacle on a salt lake. It is worth knowing that there are approximately 800 stairs on the route, of which 380 are already at the beginning, which is why we suggest you put on comfortable footwear. The temperature below the ground varies between 14-16 C.
Duration: 2 hours
- Professional English-speaking driver or tour pilot
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Door to door service with limitations in the option Door to Door by Private Car
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide, museum employee
- Round-trip private transfer in the Door to Door by Private Car Option
- Hotel Pick-up (selected hotels) & 8 Meeting Points in Group Tour Option
- Bottled water - Each tour option includes a choice of drinks. Guests can note their choice in the special requirements field. If not they will receive still water by default.
- WiFi on board
- Shared two way transfer in the Group Tour Option
- Entry/Admission - Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Food and drinks
- Photo permit for 10 PLN fee
- Hotel drop-off not offered in the Group Tour option
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Youth between 18 and 26 years must present a valid student ID on the day of the activity.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers suffering from claustrophobia
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
A must visit for any comming to Krakow and a welcome frostbite from the summer heat..amazing engineering and history...the tour guide was extremely knowledgeable without being long winded
Well organized from start to finish. Thanks
Travel to and from was timely and comfortable. Driver was friendly and helpful. Tour was very informative. Mobile speaker did fade out periodically.
Kills a few hours good but not great.
The salt mines are very interesting and worth seeing.I was picked up from my hotel and the driver was very nice and took very well care of my both before and after the tour in the mine and drove my back to my hotel. I also had some questions before the tour and got answer in a few hours by e-mail. i recommend this tour with Cracow local tours.
Excellent trip. Very well organised and tour guide was first class.