Full Day Angkor Temples by E-Bike
E-Bikes are the latest addition to a spectrum of eco-friendly solutions to protect the environment, have fun and enjoy the splendor of the Angkor temples. Using these battery-charges bikes while touring among centuries of history add not only a great fun element to it but increases the independence of the traveler greatly. No noise, no pollution and extremely easy to use, e-bikes add a sustainable element when exploring this immense UNESCO World Heritage site.
The tour starts when our driver stops at the central starting point where you will get your own e-bike. After a short explanation about its features, we enter the Angkor temples via the main entrance gate where we plan our route past the most amazing ruins and sites of the former Khmer Empire. Our tour starts with cruising to the South Gate and the Angkor Thom. Angkor Thom is last capital of the Khmers, with its Elephant Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and the stunning Bayon temple. This 12th century masterpiece lies at the very centre of Angkor Thom and is an archaeological wonder of symmetry and grandeur.
Part of the Angkor Thom is the famous Bayon Temple; know of the more than 200 Faces, silent but with the famous half-smile playing on their lips. Erected by Jayavarman VII at the end of XII century, The Bayon (literally “Great City”) is located in the geographical heart of Angkor Thom. The fifty four-tower temple is a quite remarkable sight: it forms a three-tiered pyramid with 54 towers; each dominated by over 200 huge, 4-meters high, mysterious faces facing out to the south, north, east and west. We end the morning with the Ta Phrom. The Ta Prohm was built in the late 12th century by Jayavarman VII as a shrine to his mother and is another must for anyone coming to Siem Reap. While clearing back the forest, it was decided to leave them in place to serve as a reminder of how the original discovers found it and other temples.
The afternoon is reserved for the crème-de-la-crème of Angkor; the immaculate Angkor Wat. Arguably the largest religious building in the world, with a volume of stone equaling that of the Cheops pyramid in Egypt; it is unlike all the other Khmer temples in that it faces west. Its symmetrical towers are stylized on the modern Cambodian flag. Conceived by Suryavarman II, Angkor Wat took an estimated 30 years to build. It is generally believed to have been a funeral temple for the king. Intricate bas-reliefs surround Angkor Wat on four sides. Each tells a story but the most celebrated of these is the Churning of the Sea of Milk, which is located on the east wing, the guide will explain the mystical tale...We will be able to admire sunset at this temple before we bring you back to the e-bike center, followed by a transfer back to your hotel.
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Refreshing towel
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation in Siem Reap
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- During the visit of Baphuon, visitors should wear shirts or blouse covering shoulders and arms and long shirts or trousers covering legs (no miniskirt or short trousers).
- Rider's age from 16 years old and above.
- If the bike is damaged or lost, clients have to pay for repair or replacement.
- The participants will have to sign a disclaimer form before taking the activity.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct name or the registration name which is also the name of your hotel booking and hotel information,should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.