Half Day Cambodian Landmine Museum
Historically, Cambodia has been through quite a lot and around the country, there are countless reminders and places that remind each visitors of the atrocities that have taken place. One of these places that show what has occurred over the years is the Landmine Museum near the pink-stoned temple of Banteay Srey.
This 3-hour tour brings you to the life’s work of a former child soldier, Aki Ra. He erected the museum in 1997 and has had countless of media attention because of the awareness of how damaging mortars, guns and other weaponry have been on his life and many others in the Kingdom. The founder of the Landmine Museum once was trained in planting landmines in his own country at the time the Khmer Rouge ruled with an iron fist. By using home-made tools he became an expert in defusing these destructive items after the Khmer Rouge was dethroned as the ruling party. The museum gives each visitor an insight in the various types used, the techniques and the results of what it has done to the Khmer population.Aki Ra also has set up a home for the less-fortunate in Cambodia in providing education and support to raise awareness of the countless people that still are affected by the aftermath of war. On the way back to Siem Reap, we take a break and witness how local farmers are collecting sugar palm and working in the rice paddy fields around Siem Reap.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Tours and transfer from and to your hotel, airport, sea/river ports or train stations
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation in Siem Reap
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct name or the registration name which is also the name of your hotel booking and hotel information,should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- Not wheelchair accessible