Half Day Private Splendour of Angkor Wat Cultural Tour
Angkor Wat was first a Hindu temple but then subsequently became a Buddhist one. This famous Cambodian temple complex is the largest religious monument in the world. The temple was built by the Khmer King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century as his state temple and eventual mausoleum. The area was originally known as Yasodharapura but later became Angkor and is the capital of the Khmer Empire.
In a break from the tradition of Shaivism of previous kings, Angkor Wat was instead dedicated to Vishnu. It is the best preserved temple at the site and the only one to have remained a significant religious center since its foundation. Angkor Wat has become a symbol of Cambodia appearing on the national flag and represents the high classical style of Khmer architecture.
Your knowledgeable English speaking guide will engage you with the history of this magnificent monument bringing to life the Khmer times of the past. Your guide will also be able to give you ideas and settings for photography as well as give you plenty of time to wander the corridors and marvel at the intricate carvings throughout Angkor Wat.
After the tour is completed you will be returned to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking driver
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Lunch (available for morning tour only) (Khmer Set Menu)
- Bottled water
- Transport by air conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Temple entrance fees. Expect to pay US$37 for one-day visit, US$62 for 3-day pass, and US$72 for 1-week pass
- Drinks other than supplied bottled water
- Tips and gifts
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 paying adults per booking is required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Infant meals not included
- Dress code is neat casual. Mid-length shorts, minimum T-shirt.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We had been warned about the high heat, humidity by other friends and so opted for early AM half day tours with private guide so we could do at our pace and spread tours over 4 days and so glad that we did it this way. It is quite reasonable and guide and driver both solicitous to our needs. We had the same guide and driver for all the days so other tours so that was great. The only thing that we had to contest before we left home is that the tour operator tried to change us to a Tuk Tuk from what we had arranged through Viator which was for air conditioned car with water. So please check your emails from this tour operator and be sure that they do not try to change what you have ordered and pre-paid. It was finally settled through Viator and emails to operator.