Full Day Tonle Sap Lake Tour with Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary
Meet a driver at your Siem Reap hotel for 5:30am departure to Chong Khneas, where you'll board a boat across Tonle Sap Lake to Prek Toal floating village, with breakfast and a full briefing from the guide on the way.
Upon 7:30am arrival at the village, go deep into the birds’ breeding grounds inside the flooded forest. You'll have panoramic views of the area from a treetop shelter that adjoins the bird colonies.
The Prek Toal bird sanctuary has gained global recognition for eight particular species of bird: the spot-billed pelican, the greater adjutant, the lesser adjutant, the milky stork, the painted stork, the black-headed ibis, the oriental darter and the grey-headed fish-eagle. Thousands of common water-birds also breed here, and more than 150 species have been recorded in and around the Tonle Sap Lake.Return back to our floating village for a simple lunch on the water, then tour for this fascinating village in paddle boats. Say goodbye to the people you've met and head back by boat to the mainland. This full-day tour concludes with the return trip to Siem Reap, and drop-off at your hotel by 3:30pm.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Hotel accommodation in Siem Reap
- Tips and gratuities
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note: during the dry seasons from March to July, there are usually low water levels and an algae odor
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. We reserve the right to alter the program due to seasonal and weather reasons.
- The bird colonies are at its busiest between December and April, but most species can be found throughout the year.
- Tour leads by English expert guide of the center (Not your English tour guide)
- The participants will have to sign a disclaimer form before taking the activity
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off