Full Day Banteay Chhmar Temple from Siem Reap
Meet a driver at your hotel in Siem Reap for an 8am departure to Banteay Chhmar, off-the-chart ruins that played an important part in the development of the Khmer Empire.
Constructed during the reign of Jayavarman VII in the 12th or 13 century, the central temple once held an image of Srindrakumaraputra, the Crown Prince, and it was one of the capitals of Jayavarman II, dedicated to his son and four generals who were killed in a 117 battle repelling a Cham invasion.
Following your time at the site, continue to a community restaurant for lunch, then stop at a French NGO project called "Les Soieries du Mekong," which trains young Cambodians to keep traditional silk weaving skills alive.
This day of exploring concludes with the return trip to Siem Reap, and drop-off at your hotel.
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Donation at ‘Les Soieries du Mekong'
- Local guide
- Tours and transfer from and to your hotel, airport, sea/river ports or train stations
- Hotel accommodation in Siem Reap
- Tips and gratuities
- Pickup and drop-off services for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.