Historical Malacca Full-Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur including Lunch
First you'll visit Dutch Square (Stadthuys) to see the striking red 17th-century buildings that were once the offices of the Dutch governors. Then, take a short walk up St Paul's Hill for a panoramic view of Malacca, the Malacca Strait and the old town center called Bandar Hilir. You'll see the ruins of St Paul's Church and note the intricately decorated 17th century Dutch tombstones that line the interior.
After taking in the views from St Paul’s Hill, stop into a local restaurant where you will savor a typical Nyonya lunch. When you’re refreshed, you'll follow your guide to Jonker Street, also known as Antique Street, where you can browse through a plethora of antiques and clothing shops.
Then visit the A'Famosa fortress, built by the Portuguese in the 1500s and among the oldest surviving European architectural remains in Asia, of which only the Porta de Santiago survives. Your guide will make a final stop at Cheng Hoon Teng, the oldest traditional Chinese temple in Malaysia.
If time permits on your return, your coach will make a photo stop at Morten Village for a glimpse of a typical Malay village. Your Malacca day tour from Kuala Lumpur ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note that this tour comprises of a pick-up from hotels mainly located within Kuala Lumpur city area only. Otherwise, guests are advised to meet at a central departure point. Details will be advised by the local tour company operating this tour in due course.
We saw a lot of nice thing from the past to today. The lunch at the restaurant was huge and good. Our guide Simon very good vulgarisator of the history.
Would not pick me up at the hotel I had on my voucher. Hilton KL. Had to take a taxi on a different tour I took with the same group a day earlier. Decided not worth the effort of getting another taxi for this tour in rush hour traffic. Just didn't go. Wrote the cost off as a learning experience.
The tour guide was not a good history teller.
Overall reasonably satisfied However was tardy we wre asked to be ready and down in the lobby at 0830 hours sharp, and we were down 10 minutes before the time, but the driver arrived late by 50 minutes and not a word of apology. And we were the first that he picked up! The trip in Malacca was rushed and we were not given to ourselves even a moment. We had to trot along with the guide . Barely had a minute to buy some water.