Kuala Selangor Tour from Kuala Lumpur with Fireflies Boat Ride and Seafood Dinner
When you arrive, head to Kota Melawati (formerly known as Fort Altingsburg) located on Bukit Melawati, a hill at the mouth of the Selangor River. Explore the ruins of this old fort and see cannons and other artifacts from the early 1900s that overlook the expansive wetlands at the base of the hill.
Here, you’ll also see the Royal Mausoleum -- a royal burial ground containing the graves of the first three Sultans of Selangor -- as well as the legendary 100 staircase, which was created as a means to climb up Selangor Hill but is also a fabled execution block.
Head to Kuala Selangor Nature Park at the foot of Bukit Melawati, where your guide will help point out migratory birds. If you’re lucky, you may spot silvered-leaf monkeys and rare species of bird and butterflies native to this region.
At dusk, proceed to a nearby fishing village for a seafood dinner. You’ll dine on the fresh catch of the day, giving you a taste of authentic Malaysian flavors.
After dinner, take a short drive to Kampung Kuantan to board a typical Malaysian wooden row boat. Relax and enjoy the lush scenery as your skilled oarsmen row upstream through mangroves. As you enter the darkness of the night, you’ll witness one of nature’s most incredible phenomena – tiny twinkling lights of thousands of fireflies swarming among the trees. This is truly a magical sight!
Your boat ride will last between 30-45 minutes, and you’ll be driven back to your hotel afterward with an amazing story to tell.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Boat ride
- Entry/Admission - Kuala Selangor Nature Park (Taman Alam Kuala Selangor)
- Additional beverages during meals
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and an insect repellant are recommended
- Please note that hotel pickup and drop-off service operates only for hotels within the Kuala Lumpur central city limits. If you are staying at the following hotels, please either make your own way to a hotel in central Kuala Lumpur or contact the local tour operator after booking to arrange pickup service for an additional fee (contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher):
- Greater Kuala Lumpur: Le Meridien, Hilton, Cititel, Boulevard MidValley, Pearl International, Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, Crystal Crown, Armada, Holiday Villa Subang, Grand Dorset Subang, Petaling Jaya Hilton, Sunway Lagoon, One World Damansara
- Sri Kembangan: Palace of the Golden Horses
- Shah Alam: Holiday Inn Glenmarie, The Saujana, all hotels within the Shah Alam area
- Putrajaya & KLIA: Putrajaya Shangrila, Putrajaya Marriott, Cyberview Lodge, Equatorial Bangi, Pan Pacific KLIA, Concorde Inn KLIA
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
The driver was on time to collect us at the hotel. The drive from KL to the Fireflies is very long at least one hour, it was a bit boring as we were on the motorway. The dinner was interesting. The Fireflies were beautiful.
Dirty river unispiring guide and a few fireflies.... horrible lunch....
Great tour, lovey driver and lovely experience. Really enjoyed this trip and the river was so calming and quiet. Little shop for gifts as well. Highly recommend this tour!
The fireflies boat tour only went for about twenty minutes would have been good if it was longer. Dinner was poor, certainly not a buffet more like four dishes put on the table which you could select from. Compared to the large menu items at the restaurant youre given whats clearly the cheapest options designed to feed the most for the least dollars. For the price paid for the tour was definitely expecting more for dinner
This tour was also great. The guide was friendly and very accommodating. The only think I would change is the bush walk due to the amount of mosquitoes.
The dinner was meh. Our guide who we had before was a bit rude and wanted to up sell the group on everything. I've been to Asia several times now and I get this is part of the business that tours and shops run together, but this guy put SO much pressure on us to purchase other stuff that it ruined the experience. The fireflies and boat was pretty, but I wish we had just taken an uber.
This trip is a great trip out of the city , the tour van was not very good I could hardly see out of the window and had to duck my head to look out, the tour guide was not that great and did not explain what was happening with our tour and stops , we would be at a place and not really know where we were and what we were doing . Plenty of monkeys , two kinds . Fireflies and boat trip was great but very short . Fireflies only come out if it is not raining , they dont tell you that , we were lucky