Gion Walking Tour by Night
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gionmachi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0001 Kyoto Prefecture
Join one of the most popular walking tours conducted by well-educated English-speaking guides in Japan with approximately 5000 guests a year. You will start exploring the hidden street of the Geisha district during the 100 minutes-tour. Take a walk down the classic cobblestone streets next to the Shirakawa river, the scenery of which was featured in the novel and movie, "Memoirs of a Geisha." While you walk along this beautiful stream, the guide will also tell you the history of geisha and give you a detailed explanation in regards to thier kimono, hairstyle, traditional rules and how thier daily life is like. Although there is no gurantee, during the walking tour, guests will often encounter geisha walking in the streets. Get ready to learn everything there is to know about world of the maiko and geiko! Or you can choose the private tour option for different price. In this option, your private guide takes you to the total three Geisha districts such as Ponto-cho, Miyagawa-cho and Gion with more in-detail explanation and hidden story for extended two hours.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions
- This tour has a maximum of 15 passengers per booking. If you require a booking for more than 15 passengers, please create a separate booking. Please note that more than 15 passengers may join the tour depending on the conditions of the tour departure date.
- Private tour option can be chosen for different price
My family and I took a day trip to Kyoto so we really wanted to get the most out of our day. Booking this tour was by far the best decision. Our tour guide was informative and professional. We learned so much and had a blast!
A very informative tour with a great guide. Highly recommended if you want to understand more about the Gaisha culture.
This was a beautiful tour. Gion is very beautiful.The tour guide, Ayoko was very nice and explained everything well with very good English. The history of the district and geisha was also very interesting. We were lucky enough to see a Maiko on our tour. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn More about geishas and the history of Japan and Gion.
This was an amazing tour. Bit tricky to find the meeting place as there was not signage but well worth the adventure.