Gion Walking : Explore Geisha District with traditional Kimono
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gion Corner, 570-2 Gionmachi Minamigawa, Higashiyama-ku Yasaka Hall, Kyoto 605-0074 Kyoto Prefecture
Enjoy a stroll around Gion while wearing a kimono.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Yume Kyoto, 300 Kitagawa, Gioncho 4F Yasaka Building Across, Higashiyama, Kyoto 605-0073 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 50 minutes
- English-speaking guide
- Pickup from Miyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo (Formally New Miyako Hotel )
- Kimono and tabi rental
- Hair arrangement
- Entry/Admission - Yume Kyoto
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
- Kimono are available for people up to 185 cm (about 6'1") tall, and waist sizes up to 100 cm (39 in.).
- Children under 12 years of age may not join this tour.
- During the hot summer months of June, July, and August, participants wear a yukata (light kimono) instead of a kimono
- Hairstyling is included. Tabi socks will be prepared.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- After getting dressed in kimono, participants are free to take photos while strolling the Gion area. The tour ends in Gion, and there is no drop-off service to hotels.
- As kimono cannot be worn by pregnant women, they may not join this tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
We had such a great experience! The ladies at the kimono shop were so much fun, helped us pick out hairstyles, took pictures with us, etc. They were so nice! Then the tour! We went through all the little back alleys and shops, our guide showed us the teahouses, how to identify which geiko would be in what place, how the geiko would sign up for classes, etc. She took us to places we never would have discovered on our own- and many that we came back to later to eat and shop for a more authentic experience. We loved every minute of this tour, made Japanese friends, and have wonderful pictures to remember it all by! Thank you for this wonderful tour!
A lot of fun! The tour guide, kimmie, was really nice and very knowledgeable. Small group just three of us, which made it nice. We could walk around easier and get more personal interaction with the guide. And also, she could personalize the tour in a way that we could see/do what we wanted. Not sure that it would have been as fun with a bigger group, or with a different guide. But was a very unique experience wearing a kimono!