Japanese Taiko Drum Lesson in Kyoto
Learn how to properly hold the rounded wooden sticks, called bachi, before you begin beating the taiko drums. Your instructor will first teach your small group to play basic rhythms, using drills in a fun atmosphere. After some practice, you’re soon ready to play a song together, energized by the rhythm of reverberating drums.
With a sense of accomplishment at the end of your lesson, you may be excited to learn more!
Click on "View Additional Info" for the Taiko Studio location.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Lesson schedule is subject to change every 2 to 3 months
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Lesson is a beginners level
- Water, a towel and a change of clothes are recommended
- Minimum age is 4 years
We had a great time our Sensei was very clear and concise on what he wanted us to do. He taught with a lot of energy, pride and enthusiasm he didn't make us feel like we were just another class coming thru the door. We got so into it we actually developed blisters. Will definitely do it again.