Kimono and Yukata Experience in Kyoto
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyoto Kimono Rental Rei, 270 Umemotocho Prestige Gion 5F, Higashiyama, Kyoto 605-0064 Kyoto Prefecture
1. Selecting Kimono: approx. 10 mins
2. Kimono fitting by a professional: approx. 10 mins
3. Hair Styling (optional): approx. 10 mins
4. Makeup (optional): approx. 20 mins
5. Walking around in kimono
6. Back to Kyoto Kimono Rental Rei: earlier than 6 pm
7. Changing your clothes
Duration: 30 minutes
- Kimono or yukata rental
- Kimono fitting by a professional
- Other options: Hair styling (JPY1000) Makeup (JPY3000)
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- English-speaking, Chinese-speaking and Japanese-speaking staff are available
- Kimono/yukata size:
- Women: 4.5 ft (140cm) to 5.75 ft (175cm)
- Men: 5.5 ft (170cm) to 6 ft (185cm)
- Children: 3.25 ft (100cm)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
My husband and I are from the US and he is 6’1” and sometimes clothes, shoes, etc are hard to find. However we were pleased to know they had his size. The ladies were wonderful and very nice. It was quite like a boutique and they even gave me a discount on my hair. (1000yen). Plus, we arrived late the previous day and they let us reschedule to the next day without penalty.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating, we had booked a fitting for a very busy holiday weekend (unknowingly) so it was very busy. There were many kimono selections but not many men selection for rental. It is an all day rental to be returned by 7pm, that was not described well in the booking but it was nice. They did not also describe that this is a rental only, they have no photo areas to take pictures, you must leave the building and walk to other areas for photos. We paid extra for hair and make-up. I would not recommend the make-up portion. A personal photographer can be added for $150USD per hour, which also should have been described in the listing.
Amazing experience. Staffs were helpful. But they were impatient when we were chosing the kimono of our choice.
I booked this tour to see what's its like to be dressed in Yukata. I went to the shop and I was surprised to find that they were very welcoming. The lady in the shop asked me my choice of Yukata and dressed me in the colour of my choice. After that I went out for a walk in the nearby Temples. I thought I would be getting a funny look from the locals. Far from it, they had seen this before and gave a good gesture of approval. I was out and about for about an hour in the grounds of the temple. I even asked some people to take my photo and they obliged. On getting back to the shop, I changed in my original clothes. I even had a photo taken with others at my request and their approval who were in the shop for the same reason. No problem. It was an experience to savor and something to remember of my trip in Kyoto, Osaka. I would recommend to anyone who wants to experience this Yukata or Kimono, go ahead and don't be shy.