Kimono Rental and Pictures in a Japanese Traditional House
In the shop, you choose among a large selection of kimonos for women, men and children, with different sizes available. All the kimonos for women and a large part of those for men are from the shop's exclusive collection, and cannot be found in other stores. From retro to modern, cute to elegant, you will definitely find your kimono style!
You get dressed by our professional staff, and if you pick a Tour Option with Hairdo, you choose among different hairstyles to be done by our hair stylists, for a complete kimono look! (Hairstyling service available for women only - Hair accessories sold separately)
Then, you get a photoshoot with the professional photographer who helps you get the best poses to really stand out in your kimono self! With the tatami rooms and the Japanese garden as the background, your pictures will look like you leaped through time to get this authentic Japanese dressing experience. You then select 3 pictures that the photographer lightly edit before handing them to you (in data format).
There's more! If you wish, you can go out in your kimono outfit and do some sightseeing in Kyoto to make this cultural experience last even more! You need to return the kimonos to the shop by 19:30.
- Kimono (or Yukata during the summer) rental
- Kimono (Yukata) dressing
- Left-luggage service for small items (clothes, handbag, small backpack)
- Hairstyling (depending on the Tour Option you choose)
- Photoshoot with 3 final pictures (data format)
- Hair accessories (sold separately)
- Makeup (option available separately)
- Left-luggage service for big items (suitcase, baby stroller, etc.) (option available separately)
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- When booking, please inform the shop of the time of your arrival (please choose: 09:00, 11:00 or 13:00).
- Activity duration: 1h30 to 2h.
- Languages available at all times: English, Japanese, Chinese. For other languages, please contact the shop.
- Different sizes available for women, men, girls and boys.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
By far the best experience I have ever had!!! The shop is easy to find and everyone is very welcoming and friendly. I got to choose my kimono and hairstyle which was great fun and then I had the photos taken. The photographer was amazing and told me how and where to stand for the best photos and they all turned out amazing! I would highly recommend this tour. If you are going to do anything in Kyoto please please PLEASE make this your number 1 stop!