Kyoto Afternoon Tour - Fushimiinari Shrine & Kiyomizu Temple from Kyoto
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kiyomizu-dera Temple, 1-294 Kiyomizu, Higashiyama, Kyoto 605-0862 Kyoto Prefecture
The road leading to Kiyomizu-dera Temple is lined with rows of souvenir shops, great for shopping.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Sanjusangendo Temple, 657 Sanjusangendo Mawaricho, Higashiyama, Kyoto 605-0941 Kyoto Prefecture
Sanjusangen-do Temple's main hall houses around 1,000 life-size statues of Buddhist Kannon deities dating back to the 13th century, with all that see this sight being blown away.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, 68 Fukakusa Yabunouchicho, Fushimi, Kyoto 612-0882 Kyoto Prefecture
This spot is known for its thousands of brilliant red torii gates, called Senbon Torii.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel drop-off (select locations in Kyoto only)
- Entry/Admission - Kiyomizu-dera Temple
- Entry/Admission - Sanjusangendo Temple
- Entry/Admission - Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pickup is only available at Avanti Tour Desk. No customized pickup location is available
- Some parts of road on this tour are gravel and steep inclines
- During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Connections from this tour can be made to the "Kyoto Maiko Dinner" and "Kyoto Night Tour." Connections are made at Kyoto Hotel Okura or the Kyoto Handicraft Center.
- Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of the Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall will not be visible.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (about 15 min one-way). Thank you for your understanding.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
The guide was friendly, informative, funny, and explained a lot about Japanese history and customs which I had not read of heard before. Nothing could be done about the crowds at the sites and in the lovely small streets of Kyoto, but everything that could be controlled and organized was very well done. Sanjunsangendo was one of the most intense experiences of my life!
Knowledge guide, very inclusive to everyone on the tour. Efficient visits to three sites but plenty of time to see everything. Enjoyed this tour very much
Kiyomizu Temple is a sight not to miss. Tour was flexible enough to accommodate our request to stay behind.
We really enjoyed this first afternoon, not only in Kyoto, but in Japan. Getting a feeling for Kyoto and its history was a good way to begin. Our tour guide, Amy, was excellent and we admired the way she looked after our group of 43. Temples and Shrines were nicely explained and we had just enough time to enjoy each stop.
Very good tour. The climb to the Kiyomizu Temple was strenuous, especially on a hot sunny day.
It was one of my favorite tour. Very informative and I was able to practice some of the cultures' belief.
This was a lovely afternoon. Our guide was both educational and funny. Plenty of time to see the temples, have a quick ice cream and a bit of shopping. It was unfortunate that the first temple was setting up a huge stadium that day. We missed getting the iconic shot. I would recommend.