Kyoto and Nara 1 Day Trip - Golden Pavilion & Todai-ji Temple from Kyoto
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Todai-ji Temple, 406-1 Zoshicho, Nara 630-8211 Nara Prefecture
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Nara Park, 469 Zoshicho, Nara 630-8211 Nara Prefecture
Stop At: Kyoto Imperial Palace, 3 Kyoto-Gyoen, Kamigyo, Kyoto 602-0881 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Kinkakuji Temple, 1 Kinkakujicho, Kita-ku, Kyoto 603-8361 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Nijo Castle, 541 Nijojocho, Nijodori Horikawa-nishiiru, Nakagyo, Kyoto 604-8301 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Kasuga Shrine, 61 Saiinkasugacho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 615-0015 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 40 minutes
- Professional English guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Japanese and Western-style buffet lunch
- Entry/Admission - Todai-ji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Kinkakuji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Nijo Castle
- Entrance to Treasures Hall and Manyo Botanical Gardens at Kasuga Shrine
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat. Not meal included for infants
- Some parts of roads on this tour are gravel and include steep inclines
- The tour may not visit Nara Nagomikan if it is closed or due to traffic conditions
-  A Japanese/Western buffet style meal will be served for lunch. As the meal is served buffet style, vegetarian customers are also welcome. During the period from Jan. 5 to Mar. 11, a one-plate lunch may be served depending on the number of participants. A menu that may also be enjoyed by vegetarians will be served. Thank you for your understanding.
- A set menu meal will be served for lunch. For those who would like a vegetarian meal, please make sure to inform us at the time of reservation. If requests are not provided in advance, same-day changes cannot be accepted. Halal, gluten-free, and other meal requests are not available.
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event)
- The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
- During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on February 25, March 25 and November 25.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
Perfect day tour of temples and shrines in Kyoto, plus a road trip to Nara where we visited more temples, shrines and the Nara Park. All was wonderful. Our English speaking guide, Harumi, was very good to explain some of the history of Kyoto and Nara as we traveled. She was excellent at keeping our group together, giving us time to explore each site. It was a long day, but well worth the extra time to see Nara. Don't miss it.
This was a really fun experience! We started off in Kyoto, and saw the castle and a few shrines. The guide was very knowledgeable, and nice. We had lunch provided, and switched to another guide for the time in Nara. This was amazing to see the deer! And, the shrine with the lanterns was beautiful! A very smooth and fun tour!
What a day! It was thorough and weather was nice. The tour guide made sure the group stayed together and we got a lot of information. Tour guide was informational, thorough and organized, The only thing I would change is the lunch buffet. Terrible food selection and no taste. Driver was very safe. Bus was very clean and smooth ride. We requested in advance and was confirmed via email and the morning tour guide that we will be pick up and drop off at our hotel at ANA Courtyard, instead of the Avanti building, across the street from the Kyoto station. In the morning, we were picked up by tour guide from our hotel lobby but after the tour, we were told by our tour guide that we will be dropped off at the train station and we will have to take the hotel shuttle back to the hotel. That was not the agreement and arrangement. We did ask the tour guide and she insisted that we get drop off at the train station and the hotel shuttle will take us back to our hotel. I showed her the email but that didn't matter.
Plenty to see. We didn't spend long at each location, as you would expect from visiting over 6 sites in a day, but our tour guide (Casey) was always full of energy and imparted interesting information everywhere we went, including on the coach, and took care of everything. Lunch consisted of a generous buffet lunch.
It is a very good trip compacted in one day for Kyoto and Nara. There was lots of information provided by our tour guide Miyuki as well.
We had an awesome guide,Kay Cee, who made an otherwise a standard trip to something more interesting as he was so cute and smiling all the time. You get to see 3 places in Kyoto followed by lunch and then 2 places in Nara. You get to see some shrines/temples and Imperial palace (grounds only) and a castle(Inside).
This is the trip to take if you have limited time in the Kyoto area. Kyoto in the morning, a buffet lunch, and Nara in the afternoon. Highly recommended.
There was no guide as was promised only an assictentthat didnt speak and didnt explain anything only brought us with bus to the places very gery bad
We can visit several places in one day in very efficient way. Tour guide and driver are very friendly. We really enjoy the tour
very good trip
Our tour guide in the morning was a bit boring.. it left like a field trip where you really get much information unless your standing beside the tour guide, plus she wasn't that good either. Lunch buffet was not bad especially for the cost of the trip. I thoroughly enjoyed !the afternoon trip to Nara. Our tour guide had such an extensive experience. He was able to make jokes and had vast knowledge in different cultures and made every tourist feel special. He started to teach reading basic japanese like identifying signages for washrooms. He was very entertaining and when it got to the actual tour, he had a lot of insights. Overall experience was really memorable especially the deer feeding