Kyoto Highlights 1 Day Trip - Golden Pavilion & Kiyomizu Temple from Kyoto
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyoto Imperial Palace, 3 Kyoto-Gyoen, Kamigyo, Kyoto 602-0881 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Kinkakuji Temple, 1 Kinkakujicho, Kita-ku, Kyoto 603-8361 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kiyomizu-dera Temple, 1-294 Kiyomizu, Higashiyama, Kyoto 605-0862 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Nijo Castle, 541 Nijojocho, Nijodori Horikawa-nishiiru, Nakagyo, Kyoto 604-8301 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Sanjusangendo Temple, 657 Sanjusangendo Mawaricho, Higashiyama, Kyoto 605-0941 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, 68 Fukakusa Yabunouchicho, Fushimi, Kyoto 612-0882 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 30 minutes
- Professional English guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Kyoto Imperial Palace
- Entry/Admission - Kinkakuji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Kiyomizu-dera Temple
- Entry/Admission - Nijo Castle
- Entry/Admission - Sanjusangendo Temple
- Entrance to Heian Jingu Shrine's Shin-en Garden
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Some parts of road on this tour are gravel and steep inclines
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat. Infant meals not included
- This tour will not enter Heian Jingu Shrine's Shin-en garden
- The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on February 25, March 25 and November 25.
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event).
-  The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25.
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
- During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of the Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall will not be visible.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
-  A Japanese set meal will be served for lunch. Vegetarian, halal, gluten-free, and other meal requests are not available, so please book the plan without lunch included if you have any dietary restrictions. (The 'without lunch' plan provides customers with free time to eat on their own in the Kyoto Station area.)
-  A set menu meal will be served for lunch. For those who would like a vegetarian meal, please make sure to inform us at the time of reservation. If requests are not provided in advance, same-day changes cannot be accepted. Halal, gluten-free, and other meal requests are not available.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
Michi was wonderful. She was efficient and knowledgeable. Full of energy despite the hot weather! We love the tour for covers the main highlights/attractions of Kyoto all in one day. Even the tour bus driver was pleasant and kind to take us all in our hotel for it rained at the end of the tour. The lunch was superb. Thank you Viator and JTB tours
This tour was well organised and a great way to see the major sights of Kyoto. Our guide, Yumi, was excellent, very knowledgeable, friendly, humorous and helpful. The Japanese lunch was delightful.
The locations on the tour were good but the guide went too quickly and did not wait for the group to come together before starting to talk about the location/area of interest. Also the speaker unit was extremely soft so it was difficult to hear the guide. The other aspect that I did not like was the fact that the guide kept on telling the group to be on time back to the bus of they would be left behind and would need to catch up on their own - she never followed through with this and the same people made the group 10 minutes late the first time and almost 20 minutes late the second time. We almost missed our train back to Osaka since the people were late and the guide did not leave.
Well organized, on time. Very professional. both guides were superb!! really worth it, historic visits.
Gucci our guide was very good fun and very patient with our many questions. We managed to see a lot of Kyoto. in a relatively short time. Such a beautiful place. Thank you
History , the guide was very knowledgable. excellent, highly recommended . excellent.
The sights and scenes of Kyoto are without a doubt some of the most awe inspiring in Asia or indeed the world. Would recommend the whirlwind tour only if you have super limited time to be here. We felt rushed and crushed by the swarms of humanity as it was cherry blossom time. The lunch was a bit less than average. Come on, in the land of excellent fresh food, they found a way to have chicken nuggets on the menu! OK, maybe it was for kids...so perhaps give them a break. However, if you have the chance to roam on your own, would highly recommend it or do two 1/2 tours and break it up.