Kyoto Morning Tour - Golden Pavilion & Kyoto Imperial Palace from Kyoto
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyoto Imperial Palace, 3 Kyoto-Gyoen, Kamigyo, Kyoto 602-0881 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Kinkakuji Temple, 1 Kinkakujicho, Kita-ku, Kyoto 603-8361 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Nijo Castle, 541 Nijojocho, Nijodori Horikawa-nishiiru, Nakagyo, Kyoto 604-8301 Kyoto Prefecture
Duration: 50 minutes
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Kinkakuji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Nijo Castle
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Some parts of the road on this tour are made of gravel and may have steep inclines
- Nijo Castle is closed every Tuesday during January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
-  The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on February 25, March 25 and November 25.
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event).
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
-  The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
We were doing a day trip to Kyoto from Osaka and this half day tour was the most perfect way to see the most sights while still reserving time to explore the city on your own. Jessie was our tour guide and she was fantastic and very sweet! We were traveling with a 3 year old and a 7 year old and the pace of the tour was perfect for us - not too much time spent in each place. The only improvement I can suggest is to have earpieces so that the entire group can hear what the tour guide is saying through her microphone. It was very hard to hear her especially if your lagging behind!
It was OK, got to see a few key sites. Tour guide was nice. No lunch like promised, but perhaps I misunderstood.
Very good tour well worth going on.