Maiko Performance with Kaiseki Dinner in Kyoto
Listen as your host explains the cultural significance of each dance during this interactive and intimate dining experience. Your traditional, kaiseki-style dinner is prepared by a highly trained chef, who uses special skills and cooking methods to create select food artfully arranged to balance taste and texture. Fresh, seasonal ingredients are used in ways that enhance the flavor of dishes, which typically include an appetizer and sashimi in addition to a simmered, a grilled and a steamed course with Japanese seasonings such as soy sauce, fish stock and mirin, or sweet sake.
Take the opportunity to converse with the maiko while they entertain you with traditional Japanese arts. You’re even invited to play a few fun drinking games during the informal evening, which includes unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages with your multicourse meal.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the restaurant location.
- Dinner (Kyoto style Kaiseki course meal)
- All you can drink beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Please note that food menu is fixed and unable to accommodate any special meal requirement
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be notified 10 days prior to your reservation date and offered an alternative or full refund.
- Maximum number in 1 group is 8 people.
- Reservation would be considered as NO-SHOW if the guests don't be present by 7pm, and no-refund would be given.
Highlight of our trip. Fantastic to be able to speak with the Maiko and ask questions etc. Dinner was fabulous and important to be brave and try everything as you will be surprised how delicious everything is. I thought the drinking games may be tacky but they were very funny and delightful. It is not cheap but is worth it.
A fantastic evening, of wonderful, unusual food and brilliant entertainment. It was fascinating to get an insight into the world of geishas in Japan.
This was perhaps the most interesting tour we took the entire trip. Gave us a glimpse into the world of Geishas that we would have not been able to have otherwise. Highly recommended!
Good to be able to see a performance. You then get a maiko who goes to each table for about 10mins and answer any questions you may have for them regarding the performance or lifestyle etc.