Whale and Dolphin Watching in the Canary Islands
Respectful whale watching is paramount during this 4-hour tour, and the expert team on board will share their knowledge about what this means as you view the whales and dolphins in their natural habitat around the Canary Islands. Understand how the crew adapts the boat to the animals' behavior, so they feel comfortable being watched — they may even come up to the boat and ride in the bow wave.
Sighting rates in springtime are almost 100%, but there are whales and dolphins to be seen during other months too. Each boat tour is different, as it is based upon the behavior of constantly moving wild animals. At the end of the four hours, return to shore with a new understanding of these beautiful animals — having engaged with them in a respectful way, on their own terms.
- 3-4 hours whale watching in a canary fisher boat (max 10 persons)
- Skilled guide (German, Spanish and English language)
- Bottled water and ginger tea
- Alcoholic drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- No responsibility is taken for the correctness of the details provided, prices and timetables may change at short notice
- We require your mobile number during the booking
- During summertime we offer a bathing stop on request
- The sighting rates are at approximately 90% and we only take up to ten persons with us
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This was just amazing! One of the best moments of our vacation in Canary Islands. Not even that the whole crew was friendly, enthusiastic, fun and informational, they even spend extra time with us at the sea, because it took as longer to find the family of whales. They didn't rush us back and gave us a chance to spend time with beautiful creatures and enjoy our unique moment. What I see as the best value of this service is the fact that it is small fisher boat with a few people on board which makes it even more friendly, authentic and intimate. Everything was just perfect incluiding the rain and wind at the end : You shoudn't think twice, you will not regret it and even if you will not see any whales or dolphins which might happen, you will enjoy a nice time at a sea with friendly, passionate people. Greatly recommended.
Had a nice time. Tour operators were friendly and informative. As with all whale watching tours, there's no guarantee about what you'll see. We saw quite a few dolphins, one whale, and one small shark.
A wonderful trip. Melanie was a very warm, enthusiastic and informative guide. It was great to be out on the sea in a small group on a small fishing boat. It allowed us to feel close to the dolphins and the wales. Experience of a lifetime. Unforgettable.
It was fantastic! We saw lots of Dolphins. Jumping, swimming next to the boat for more than an hour. Melanie and the schipper were kind tell a lot of interest things. Very nice boat also. I will recommend this trip to everybody! Melanie also spotted de blow of a whale, but we didn't see one. So we have to come back for whales!