Private Tiwanaku and Titicaca Day Trip from La Paz
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Solace Trekking and Tours, Ave Arce PB 08 Illimani Bldg, La Paz Bolivia
Tour departs after hotel pick-up or meet up between 8 and 8:30am.
Stop At: Tiwanaku, La Paz Bolivia
After arriving at Tiwanaku, the group begins a professionally guided tour through the site, which lasts approximately 45 minutes. After that time the group may explore the site on their own or visit the nearby museums in which artifacts found at the site are displayed.
After visiting the museums the tour departs for an excursion to nearby Lake Titicaca and shoreline communities
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lake Titicaca, Copacabana Bolivia
Stopping to take lunch at the lake, and at several points of interest along the way before returning to La Paz.
Duration: 3 hours
- Tiwanaku tour presented in English or Spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (please include a hotel when booking!)
- Lunch (Please specify meal restrictions when booking!)
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entry/Admission - Tiwanaku
- Entry/Admission - Lake Titicaca
- Hotel pick-up outside of La Paz
- You may request pickup from Zona Sur hotels for an additional $20USD
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Tour stops for hiking on the beach at Lake Titicaca. TripAdvisor's description says tour goes to Copacabana, but this is not the case. Their system only lists one option for a Lake Titicaca stop and they have not been forthcoming to my requests to fix this. -Caleb
- Tour is at altitude!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Our family has travelled the world extensively and usually we don't do tours. Mostly because they are crowded, rushed, and un-inofrmative. Our time with Caleb and Angela at Tiwanaku was completely the opposite: it was a personal, well paced, and extremely educational experience. Caleb is an American expat but knows the area intimately and Angela was born and raised at Tiwanaku, they both bring passion and detailed knowledge to the tour. Caleb was very flexible with the itinerary. When we visited a stunning spot on Lake Titicaca and a lovely local couple offered to give us a short boat ride on the lake, we enjoyed one of our most memorable experiences in Bolivia. Caleb is the owner/operator of his small and growing tour company and we can't wait to book our next adventure with him.
Great day trip. The tour at Tiwanaku with the English speaking tour guide was great! The driver did a great job including preparing lunch at the lake. Although he couldn't speak much English we had a great conversation in broken Spanish/English over lunch. Highly recommended!
The guide was knowledgeable but had a very negative perspective on the tiwanaku ruins. Understandable because of the current state of the site but it made it difficult to enjoy the day. Perhaps take one of his other tours.
Was a good day trip. English speaking guide, Oscar,usually doesn't go out where we were and he did and the trip was well worth it for a day. Going out of the city was our goal. You don't see much but land and topography that Bolivia has to offer. Enjoyed it.
Caleb is very knowledgeable and showed us things we would never have found on our own.
Beautiful countryside and very knowledgable and engaging guide. I highly recommend trip. Bolivia's roads need investment.
Solace Trekking and Tours when out of their way to assure this was a great tour. The total day was an adventure from the traffic of El Alto to the shores of Lake Titicaca. Highly recommended tour and company.