Bayahibe Racing Buggy
Start this incredible ride with expert guides giving you a brief talk about safety measures and tips to be applied during the tour. Once you're buckled up, you'll be ready to ride your buggy and drive by exotic trails, remote landscapes and rivers that display the natural beauty of this wonderful region.
Then, drive over a path along back roads, and by cane plantations, on your way towards El Gato town. Freshen up at Chavon River, and swim in its cool waters, slide on three fantastic zip lines and navigate the crystal clear waters aboard a kayak.
End this splendid day with a final buggy ride to make your way back to base while you say goodbye to this fabulous adventure.
- Guide service.
- Transportation (Only from/to centrally located Hotels in the Bayahibe area).
- Bottled water
- helmet (mandatory) and bottled water.
- Tour video and photos, souvenirs, coffee, cacao, cigars, and other local products.
- Following beverages at the "after tour bar”: sodas, sports beverages, beers and rum.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear swimsuit, comfortable clothing and shoes, sunglasses, cap or hat, preferably, with straps. Bring towel, biodegradable sunscreen, camera, and cash for souvenirs, tips, beverages or additional expenses.
- Minimum age for Buggy drivers: 18 years. Minimum age for accompanying passengers on Buggy: 8 years.
- Tour price may vary depending on the number of passengers (single or double). Pregnant women or guests under alcohol influence are not allowed on this tour.
- Transportation included only from/to centrally located Hotels in the Bayahibe area. If you’re staying in a different area, an extra fee may apply
- It is of the utmost importance that you provide your complete Hotel/Cruise details at the time of booking. Without this information, we will not be able to confirm your reservation. If this is the case, please contact us immediately to reconfirm your reservation.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
Late pickup, then we waited for over 15 minutes while they tried to start one of the buggys. Within 5 minutes of leaving, our throttle cable broke and we were stranded. The "mechanic" showed up 10 minutes later and rigged up the throttle. Soon another couples buggy died and needed battery service. Then our throttle broke again. Alltogether, there were over 6 different breakdown events. We stopped at a family farm and walked a hundred yards in pouring down rain to get a shot of coffee, coco, and of course hear the woes of why we should buy their wares. When the buggys did run, they were slow, i mean we were going uphill at less than 5 mph and not just our buggy, but everyones. This had potential to be great, but really missed the mark. If you are thinking about this type of activity, find a different provider, there are many to choose from.