Monkeyland and Plantation Safari from La Romana
Start the second part of the tour coming to our beautiful botanical garden, where you will learn about native plants and flowers of the island.
The next 45 minutes were occupied for a guided tour that allows you to interact in close proximity to our beautiful and friendly squirrel monkeys at Monkeyland.
These intelligent monkeys have been formed by a Canadian couple with 35 years of experience working with animals, including 12 years at the Toronto Zoo to teaching monkeys to trust and enjoy the company of humans.
This tour is based on 5 acres of a beautiful piece of land that monkeys have made their home.
The monkeys are completely accustomed to humans.
They come down from the trees to sit to check all things bright and interesting!
Little monkeys loves to pose for the cameras and probably will sit and pose.
Adorable! Come share an unforgettable experience!
Estimated Time Frame:
07:00-08:00 Pick-up directly in hotels. Briefing from our tour guides about transportation safety and the activities programed for the day.
09:00-09:45 Arrival to Typical Countryside House, where the tour guides give an explanation about the coffee, cacao and different fruits.
9:45-10:00 Sample of fresh coffee, chocolate and fruits, and also a chance to purchase local products.
10:00-10:15 Drive to MonkeyLand
10:15-10:30 Walk through the botanical trail in company of a guide identifying variety of plants.
10:30-10:45 Welcome from the Monkey’s mum and dad, the trainers. Receive information about the activity. Time for bathroom.
10:45-10:30 Close encounter with the squirrel monkeys, observing them acting in their natural habitat.
11:30-11:45 Free time to relax or to brows in our Monkey land souvenir shop.
13:00-14:00 Aproximate arrival time to hotels
Note: The order of the activities might change depending on the operation of the day.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by open air safari truck
- Coffee and hot chocolate tasting
- Professional guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Food and drinks
- Lockers fee
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Tour not available for cruise line passengers
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- People with a cold or infections of the upper airways cannot participate in this tour
- People with severe peanut allergies cannot participate in this tour
- Do not use sunscreen or bug repellent as they are harmful to monkeys.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
Way too much time spent hearing about coffee and chocolate. Then the hard sales pitch for mamajuana. Time from resort depart to return was 5 hours. We spend 25 minutes with monkeys out of that 5 hours. That 25 minutes was awesome! The "plantation safari" was a miserable waste of time. The safari truck ride both ways was terribbly bumpy and we got wet the whole time due to the sides not being latched down and water spraying up inside the truck.
Amazing my children love it. Will recommend this tour to young ones and adult. The country side was also amazing.