Samaná Day Trip from La Romana
Upon arrival, hop aboard a safari-style vehicle and head to Rancho Aventuras, a horse ranch in El Limón. After a safety briefing, you’ll be paired with a horse for your 20-minute ride in El Limón National Park.
Follow your guide’s lead into dense tropical woods along the Arroyo Chico River and arrive at El Limón Waterfall, sheeting 165 feet (50 meters) of water into a natural pool below. Spend some time splashing about in this swimming hole before riding back to the stables and patting your horse good-bye.
Back aboard your safari truck, your day trip on the Samaná Peninsula continues with a tour of the port town, formally called Santa Bárbara de Samaná. Then enjoy a buffet lunch at El Timon, a local restaurant on El Malecón, the city’s boardwalk. Dig into Caribbean fare while admiring panoramic views of Samaná Bay. (Beer, wine, select cocktails, soft drinks and juice are included with your meal.)
With your appetite sated, head to the pier for a boat ride to Cayo Levantado (aka Bacardi Island), a true Caribbean paradise. Step off your boat into postcard-perfect scenery and dig your toes into the velvety white sand. Work hard on a tan, snorkel in the warm aquamarine waters, and snooze under coconut palms that sway in the soft breeze. Thirsty? Mosey over to the beach bar for a refreshing beer or soft drink (included). Tropical cocktails such as piña coladas, banana mamas and coco locos are available for purchase.
After a relaxing afternoon on Cayo Levantado, return by boat to Samaná. End your day with return coach transport to your La Romana hotel, and enjoy a light snack (sandwich, fruit, juice and water) on board.
- Official guide from the National Tourism Guides Association
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Light continental breakfast
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Light snack
- Unlimited beer, soft drinks and water
- Use of horseback riding equipment
- Entry/Admission - El Limon
- Cocktails (additional cost)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions or women who are pregnant
- It is recommended that you bring sunscreen, insect repellent, a bathing suit and comfortable shoes
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
The whole of the morning was changed so we could go whale watching and to be honest we only booked the trip to see the waterfall and ride the horses. The 6.00 am start was a little early for us and the transport leaved a lot to be desired. Lunch in Samana was good and the island was also very nice and very scenic if a little over commercialised for an island of it's size. The best bit of the trip for me was the boat ride back to the coach! across the bay with the surf keeping us cool from the hot sunshine.