Algarve Downhill Cycling Tour from Mount Foia
Young (teenage) cyclists should be able to touch the ground with both feet whilst seated. For our smallest bike (14″ frame) we normally see that the minimum height required is 150 cm (4ft9).
The largest bike size is suitable for riders up to 200 cm (6ft6). To deliver optimal service during the downhill cycling tour a service car will follow with water and your belongings.
New MTB Giant 29-ers & smaller sized 26″ All Terrain Bikes
The aluminium ‘all terrain’ MTB bikes are custom made and have safe hydraulic brakes from Giant or Magura, comfortable gel seats and front suspension. The handle bar is higher than on a normal bike, so you will enjoy a safe and comfortable sit position. We provide you with a helmet and a water bottle. The bikes come with an easy click system to change the 24 – 30 gears.
We run these downhill cycling tour every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. We´ll meet at 10h15 at our office in the authentic village of Mexilhoeira Grande. Here you can park your car and we´ll return there at around 15h30/16h00. In July and August we´ll start one hour earlier to avoid the hot afternoon.
In case you can´t do these days, please contact us to see which alternative days are free, especially when you are with a larger group.
We normally limit the group size to 15 participants. In case you are with a larger family/group of friends or wish to do a company day-out, we do cycle with larger groups. Also a more extended lunch is optional.
Included is a healthy and tasty home made pick nick lunch with vegetable soup, a pasta salad with vegetables and tuna, and a freshly squeezed orange juice. In the summer months we change this to a rich Portuguese gazpacho, a freshly squeezed orange juice and locally grown melon from the fridge.
- Use of good well-maintained bicycle, large choice of sizes
- Use of modern safety helmet and gloves, large choice of sizes
- Local lunch with fresh orange juice
- Cold bottled water
- Free beverage at the end of the tour
- Professional guide
- Transport up the mountain
- Local taxes
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Free parking (if you come by car)
- Extra drinks other than included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. A minimum of 4 people per Tour is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Please send us your mobile phone number with country code. In the event of bad weather we shall text/sms you.
- The main language used by the Bike Guide will be English
- All Terrain Bike available in the sizes XXS to XXL (26″ All Terrain Bike for rider length 150 – 170 cm & 29-er Giant for rider length 170 – 200 cm)