Black Canyon Kayak at Hoover Dam Day Trip from Las Vegas
Our most popular Colorado River Experience! This exciting and adventurous day on the river is the best value for those wanting the most "bang for their buck." You need only show up with a smile and ready for fun!
This section of Black Canyon is moving flat-water, it is not a whitewater trip. It is perfect for all levels of paddlers. Your day will begin as you meet your guide and prepare for the thrilling ride down the Lower Portal Road - the only road to the base of Hoover Dam. As you drop 1100' in elevation, the mighty Hoover Dam presents itself.
Your guide will show you unique and hidden places such as Gold Strike Canyon, Lone Palm Canyon, Arizona Hot Springs, Emerald Cave and many other treats. You may see big horn sheep, bald eagles, coyotes, red-tail hawks, turkey vultures, striped bass, and more.
Remember to wear a bathing suit for soaking in the natural hot springs. Your day will also include a picnic lunch on a secluded beach that will provide you with million dollar views. Paddle into Emerald Cave and check out the historic catwalk.
Your day ends at Willow Beach, where an air-conditioned shuttle will transport you back to your hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.
• The Las Vegas Strip, S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
- All necessary equipment (life vest, helmet, kayak)
- Permit (non-refundable once booked)
- Professional guide
- Safety and paddling instruction
- Lunch, bottled water and snacks
- Dry bag for personal belongings
- In-park transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Important: In order for the local operator to obtain the necessary permits for this tour ALL traveler names must be provided as they appear on a government issued ID such as a driver's license or passport. Your tour will not be confirmed unless all names are provided.
- Please note once reservation is confirmed the local operator is required to purchase a launch permit (USD 34). This is non-refundable.
- All travelers MUST bring a government issued ID on the day of the tour
- WE DO HAVE A REFUND POLICY THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN THE OPTION TRIP ADVISOR GIVES YOU!
- LAUNCH PERMITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERRABLE.
- ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR CANCELLATIONS WITHIN 48 HOURS OF TRIP.
- Cancellations made at least 14 days in advance will receive a full refund, minus a 6% processing fee.
- Cancellations made within 7-13 days will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made within 3-6 days will receive a 25% refund.
- Any changes in date, time, or name will require the purchase of new permits at full price, and may incur a rescheduling fee.
- Routes and trips are proposed and may change.
- We reserve the right to change routes, cancel, or reschedule trips due to weather, wind, or unsafe conditions. Desert Adventures does not cancel trips due to rain.
- If the trips departs as scheduled, the above cancellation policy will apply.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A hearty boxed lunch is included. Our sandwich options are: Ham, Turkey, BLT, PB&J, Veggie Wrap, Chicken Caesar Wrap or Chef Salad
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Bob picked us up, was extremely nice and professional, we got a little history of the area as they took us to pick up the kayaks, Tom was our river guide and he was organized, professional and was very cool, We kayaked approx 12 miles but with frequent breaks it was not hard, Tom took time to show us some of the most amazing terrain you could imagine, got to enjoy some hot springs and the most beautiful emerald water, this trip was all around wonderful!!! Thank you Black Canyon Kayak
We could not have had a better time kayaking the Black Canyon. Great outfitters and guide! We will never forget it! Had so much fun!
What an amazing trip. I have to apologise to the service provider...I decided tonight it is a good time to say thanks to all the Viator service providers who made our trips so much fun. I am nearly 2 years late....but I have to mention that visiting Las Vegas was not my idea of how I want to spend a family vacation....shows and 'the strip'....but I will never think of Las Vegas as those things again. We met the most amazing people on a hike, kayaking and driving buggies in the desert....the kayaking was fantastic...the Hoover dam wall amazing - from where we started, and the water the clearest of all. The little detours op canyons to waterfalls and hot pools and into caves made is so much more of a really amazing experience. We had our meal of fruit on a little 'beach' next to the water of this great river...we even swam for a bit, and I must say the only negative part of this trip was that it had to actually end! It was awesome. If you like water , do this trip, there is nothing hard or even remotely dangerous about the trip - just a lot of fun and 'little moments' we thoroughly enjoyed it! and will definitely recommend i to anybody who wants to experience the real Las Vegas'!
Our kayaking tour was fabulous!! I would do this trip again in a heartbeat. I think what really made the trip was our guide, Gary. Lots of stories to share with us as well as knowledge about the wildlife and plants. Hiking into the canyon to relax in a hot spring pool was probably one of the highlights. Well worth the money!
This trip was amazing from beginning to end. The guides were outstanding making the trip both educational and fun. It most definitely had that WOW! factor. I highly recommend it.
This tour was fantastic. We went as a group of four, none of which had kayaked before but we all found the trip enjoyable and one of our best days in Vegas. Our guides Neil and Joe were really knowledgable and made sure we didn't miss a thing - we even stopped off on the way back to see mountain goats! I would definitely recommend that you do this trip, even if you've never been in a kayak before. You get to see some amazing things and it is a really fun day.