Deluxe Grand Canyon South Rim Airplane Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Canyon South Rim, Highway 64, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
After taking your deluxe flight from Las Vegas out to the Grand Canyon South Rim, you will be transported into Grand Canyon National Park to enjoy awe-inspiring vistas, panoramic overlooks and trails that can only be accessed via foot from inside the national park.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Kaibab National Forest, U.S. 89a/Az 67, Jacob Lake, AZ
Upgrade and add on a 25-minute helicopter flight to fly over 55 miles of the widest and deepest part of the Grand Canyon. The views are breathtaking. During your flight you will see the Tower of Ra, Dragon Corridor, Kaibab National Forest and the mighty Colorado River.
Stop At: Bright Angel Point, North Rim Dr. AZ State Route 67, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86022
Enjoy the magnificence of the Grand Canyon and enjoy a gourmet box lunch at Bright Angel Lodge, near some local shopping and the famous El Tovar Lodge.
Please note: Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in. If helicopter tour is selected, Mather Point will not be visited.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Lunch: Turkey sandwich, chips, cookie and bottle of water
- 25-minute helicopter tour (if option selected)
- All local taxes and fees
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon South Rim
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg or 21 stone) will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Pilots are unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Please note: dependent on aircraft used, window seats may or may not be available. Seats are assigned based on weights and balance of the aircraft
- Children under the age of 2 are considered lap children. Proof of age will be required at the time of check-in. Please bring a copy of a birth certificate or passport.
- Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
- If helicopter tour is selected, Mather Point will not be visited.
Wonderful trip. Pilots very competent. Mike was a super Canyon guide. Only complaint ...having to wait so long for so many other groups to return before returning to our hotel.
We had only 50 min in the first stop at the Canyon instead of 1h and 30min as advertised and another 1h and 20min in total. In general, the flight was nice, but the actual time at the park does not worth the money.
A great way to visit the canyon if you are short on time! Amazing! The crew was so professional and the flight over was really comfortable. The guide at the park was also very professional and entertaining!
We had a wonderful time with Maverick. The flight was great and our tour guide, Michael was fantastic.
Great way to see the best views of the Grand Canyon and still have afternoon time to sit by the pool at your Las Vegas resort. Fantastic Maverick crew and guide. Picked up at the Bellagio at 6:30 a.m. and returned to hotel just after 1:30 p.m. Amazing.
The tour was with Maverick Airlines. It was well run and the flight from Vegas to the canyon offered wonderful views of the country. When we boarded the bus to our two viewing areas the tour guide gave excellent advice as to the best places for photos. My one complaint was at our second stop, which had the best views we only had one hour, including lunch. Total viewing time was 2.5 hours. This allowed them to get in 2 tours a day. Another hour on the rim would have been ideal.
Well organized, all phases of the excursion were coordinated and timely. Great opportunity to see a lot of the Grand Canyon in a relatively short period of time. All of the operators were friendly, courteous and helpful. Thank you for a good experience.
This trip was amazing from start to finish. The Maverick crew does a great job of getting you from place to place and being informative in the process. And the Grand Canyon is not to be believed. The folks at Maverick get our HIGHEST recommendation.
Best day trip option for those with just a day to spare. Well organized and you get to see key points of this wonder of world
This tour was amazing. It was well organized, and Viator communicated very well every piece of information I needed to know. They had Maverick lined up to provide us with all of the pieces of the tour, and clearly Viator communicated very well with Maverick, and every step went smoothly, from hotel pick up to the drop off at the end. It was clear that they went above and beyond to provide us with the best vacation possible, and they tried hard to make us feel special. I would highly recommend.
Good tour if you only had 1 day to say you've been to The Grand Canyon South Rim. It's a short approx. 30 minute flight one-way, then 2 hours at the canyon area. Not much time to explore the canyon, but only to walk around the visitor's center, some stores and a little of the trail. Hotel pick up/drop off, light lunch was included, which is a plus.
Great tour. Extremely professionally run program and the staff was excellent. This was worth every penny spent. Views of the canyon are breathtaking.
Worth every cent! Could not recommend any more. Every element of the day was organized to a tee. Every member of staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. For anyone unsure whether to go the extra mile and take the plane to th Grand Canyon.....do it! You wont be dissapointed!