Grand Canyon South Rim Bus Tour with Optional Upgrades
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gray Line Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV 89139-5948
A brief check-in, restrooms and cafe available. Depart Las Vegas on a luxury bus for a day at the Grand Canyon’s South Rim.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
Exhilarating photo opportunity of the Hoover Dam from the Pat Tillman and Mike O'Callaghan memorial bridge
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canyon Visitor Center South Rim, S Entrance Rd about 2 mi east of El Tovar Hotel, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
On your exclusive stop at the National Geographic Visitors Center you'll enjoy lunch (included) before viewing National Geographic's exhibits of the Grand Canyon, including the amazing photo gallery.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bright Angel Point, North Rim Dr. AZ State Route 67, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86022
Gaze at the awe-inspiring beauty of this seventh wonder of the natural world. Also visit the historic El Tovar Lodge where you can shop for souvenirs!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mather Point, 2 1/2 Miles North Of Park Entrance, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Next, it's on to the National Park where you will visit the two most spectacular lookouts. Take a hike along the various trails to lookouts such as Mather Point.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canyon South Rim, Highway 64, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Jeep Tour w/ IMAX Option:
Meet your guide at the entrance to the park for a 2-hour jeep tour along the rim. Your guide will tell you are the canyon’s history, dramatic geology, wildlife and the extraordinary landscape of this natural wonder which are revealed through stories, facts and legend. Travel along the stunning South Rim, ending at Grandview Point, and witness some of the most expansive, gorgeous and magnificent vistas! Your tour finishes at the IMAX theater for your movie viewing.
Why not upgrade your tour to include an approximate 25-minute helicopter flight over the amazing Grand Canyon. There really is no better way to experience the magnitude of this wonder of the world. With this option you will not visit Mathers Point.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Grand Canyon Imax Theater, Az 64/u.s. 180, Tusayan, AZ 86023
Optional Upgrade: You'll get a spectacular taste of the Grand Canyon if you attend a screening of the most watched movie in IMAX history, The Grand Canyon Discovery and Adventure. The footage captured by airplanes, helicopters, hang gliders and canoes is truly incredible.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Narrated bus tour to the Grand Canyon South Rim and National Geographic Visitors Center
- Hotel pickup and drop off from most Las Vegas Strip and Downtown hotels
- Box lunch at the Grand Canyon (if helicopter option selected)
- Meal voucher provided (if tour only or IMAX option selected)
- Taxes and National Park fees
- Photo stop at the Hoover Dam
- Helicopter Flight over South Rim (if option selected)
- All taxes and fees
- Entry/Admission - Mather Point
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon Imax Theater
- IMAX Movie The Grand Canyon Discovery and Adventure (if option not selected)
- Helicopter Flight over South Rim (if option not selected)
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon South Rim
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants 23 months and under are considered a lap child.
- Children ages 2 years and up require a seat
- Adult pricing applies to all passengers
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them to board and disembark the bus.
- Buses equipped with a lift are based upon availability and might not be available. Should a bus equipped with a lift be required, a three day advanced notice is required, and you must contact the local tour operator immediately after booking to confirm your request.
- Motor coaches are climate controlled and equipped with restrooms, reclining seats, video monitors and over-sized windows
- Please be advised that there may be waiting periods at any point or attraction due to weather or passenger volumes
- Hotel pickup is available for this tour/activity. Please note: depending on the hotel, buses may not be able to access or enter every property. In this case, pickup may be redirected to a central bus stop or nearby hotel. Exact pickup details will be provided to the guest upon reconfirmation with the local tour operator.
- 30-minutes of complimentary wi-fi is available.
- Hoover Dam tour has limited seating, and only valid for the afternoon departure. Reservations must be made after completing the Grand Canyon Tour contact local operator for details
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
The Greyline tour operators were professional, but the bus ride is long and tiring. With family and small kids it’s tiring and boring. But the driver was very polite and driving was good. Lunch and dinner options for vegetarians are limited. So better pack it, food and drinks are allowed inside the coach. Coach has a restroom too.
to short of time in canyon. we spent more time getting to the canyon. no explantation of what to expect once we reach the canyon. maybe the driver or guide could have given us a little more info about the canyon.
It was a very long day. We were picked up at 5:55 am and did not return back to where we were pick up until 12:30 am. If I was to do it again I would do the West rim were it does not take all day. It took us 8 hrs to get to the grand canyon. We were late for the movie so we had to wait for the next viewing so everybody had to wait on the 11 people who had paid for the movie. by the way there was 80 of us.
We upgraded our tour to VIP.. and we are glad that we did it. Our driver and tour guide Moe, was the best. We can tell he is passionate on what he does.. he is very knowledgeable and accommodating. He took our best pictures and captured all the memories of our visit to Grand Canyon. We are forever grateful to Moe.. Kudos to Grayline and to Moe.. Ladies in Pink Caps..
Very good day. Our driver very good at his job, kept to scheduled times. Audio was great with history of the areas and movies to help pass some of the time.
My family really enjoyed the tour. The bus driver was awesome and really patient with everyone, treating us like his family! We would only recommend two changes: 1) We enjoyed watching movies during the trip, but one of them was not child friendly (Meet the Fockers). All of the movies don't need to be animation, but the language and content should be considered. 2) We purchased the Grand Canyon IMAX movie option. This movie wasn't worth the cost at all. It wasn't informative about the origins of the canyon and is something that could have been shown for free on the bus just prior to our arrival at the park instead of showing it during precious time that could have been used at the park.
Very long day but was worth it. Would have liked some seats in the waiting area prior to getting on bus. Bus was comfortable enough and bus driver pleasant. Reasonable lunch included with a good variety of choice, should be something for everyone. We did the optional Hummer which was the highlight of the day. We had about 5 or 6 stops round the Canyon as opposed to 2 if you do only the bus tour. Kelly the Hummer driver was very informative and pointed out things you would never have seen. Would recommend but with an optional extra, think it would be an extremely long day doing only the bus tour.
Awesome visit at south rim of Grand Canyon. The tour operator was gray lines and they had ensured every aspect of the tour right from hotel pickup, details of the tour and upgrades options. Bus driver was an experienced driver and it was good to hear the history of the places that we were passing by. He also clearly instructed us do’s and don’t and have suggestions on the best canyon views. Awresone experience.
Its a sunny October when we visited the place. There were many tourist but we manage to take pictures n selfies. GC is really a wonderful God's creation.
Confirmed the day before...awoken at 5 to reconfirm 615 pickup..called at 645 because not picked up..offered to wave reschedule fee.for the next day...party of 2 meeting party of 6...we taxied for 22$...made it to meet friends...very upset...Jeep tour was great....Stop on return trip was gross and disgusting...and No Hoover Dam