Grand Canyon West Rim by Tour Trekker with Optional Upgrades
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The Strip, S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
After pickup from your Las Vegas hotel, board a custom-built SUV equipped with plush leather captain’s chairs and extra-large viewing windows.
Pass By: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
As your small group sets out on a full day of exploring the Grand Canyon, you'll visit Boulder City and travel over the Hoover Dam bypass bridge on the way to the Grand Canyon, a trip that takes about 2.5 hours.
Stop At: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
Upgrade your tour for the opportunity to explore Hoover Dam with a guide.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canyon West, Pierce Ferry Road To Diamond Bar Road, AZ 86434
Drive along Diamond Bar Road (Indian Highway) through the Grand Wash Cliffs and the stark beauty of Joshua Tree Forest. Arrive on the West Rim of the Grand Canyon to board your waiting helicopter (if option selected). Admire the spectacular scenery as the helicopter descends 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) to the Colorado River below during the course of the 10-minute ride.
After the cruise (if selected) you'll return to the top of the canyon and spend 3.5 hours exploring at your own pace. Take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to Hualapai Ranch, Guano Point and Eagle Point.
Learn about Native American culture through a stroll in the Indian Village at Eagle Point. Visit Guano Point for great views of the Colorado River. Stroll the Grand Canyon Skywalk (own expense) to get unobstructed views of the Canyon. Lunch is provided before the end of your 8-hour day exploring the canyon, return to Las Vegas for drop-off at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Colorado River, Nevada
On the banks of the mighty Colorado River, you can opt to add board a pontoon boat for a leisurely 20-minute cruise. Listen to informative commentary along the way.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canyon Skywalk, Eagle Point Rd Grand Canyon West, AZ 86434
Stroll the Grand Canyon Skywalk (own expense) to get unobstructed views of the Canyon.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Round-trip luxury Tour Trekker transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- 4,000-foot (1,200-meter) helicopter descent into the Grand Canyon (if option selected)
- 20-minute river boat trip (if option selected)
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hoover Dam Tour (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon West
- Grand Canyon Skywalk (approx. US$33.00)
- Entry/Admission - Hoover Dam
- Entry/Admission - Colorado River
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon Skywalk
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Multi-lingual guides are subject to availability
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 275lbs. will be required to pay $75.00 directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Grand Canyon Skywalk
- Here are some suggestions on what to take along to make your Skywalk experience truly memorable:
- A little patience! And maybe your iPod...waits in line of about 30 minutes are common
- Sunscreen and a hat. There is shade at the Skywalk, however elsewhere there is very little shade, and the sun can really burn out there
- Comfortable shoes and light clothing. Spring and summer are hot in the desert
- You cannot take your camera or any personal effects on the Skywalk. Be prepared to store your belongings in the lockers at the Skywalk.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
A long and tiring day but brilliant. A very knowledgable driver who didn't stop giving you information all day. Helicopter ride down to the canyon floor was awesome as was the boat ride. Highly recommend.
Our tour guide, Debbie, was very knowledgeable, flexible and a lot of fun. The vehicle was very comfortable. Movie on the way back was a neat way to see one of the sights in another way. Just wish our helicopter pilot has provided some narration during our flights.
It was just a bit deceiving in reference to being on the Luxury SUV, it was not for the main portion of the Grand Canyon. You had to board a large coach along with a lot of other people. If that had just been stated in the ad I would have been fine, but definitely let down by this aspect of the tour. Everything else was great. Very knowledgeable guide, boat ride was short but good, and the helicopter ride was AWESOME!
Excellent tour from start to finish. Pick up was in a nice roomy minivan, or luxury SUV as they describe. Driver was very informative and gave us lots of great narration about the areas we were travelling through and all about the Grand Canyon and how the West Rim came to be. We arrived around 30 minutes before the crowds and did the helicopter ride without a wait. An excellent experience and my wife was not looking forward to the helicopter ride as she has a fear of flying, but really enjoyed the trip and views. We landed by the Colorado River and then took the boat ride. In a perfect world would have liked a longer boat ride not an option I am aware of but it was still ample to see the Colorado River and the view from the bottom of the Canyon to the Rim. We then got back in the helicopter and took a different route back to the landing zone. As we got back the queues for the helicopter rides were much bigger and up to a thirty minute wait. Then it was off to the area where the Skywalk is and some great views and we did the Skywalk to. On the way back we went via the Hoover Dam. We got to drive over it and then we stopped above it for some photos. Great day all in all and highly recommend.
I love this tour.. the helicopter ride was amazing, the best experienced I ever had. It was a small group of 6 with a very knowledgeable staff I forgot his name, sorry. He was very nice, funny and knows his things. We don't feel rush at all, in fact we feel like we had so much time with all the stops we made. It was the best experience everyone must try.