Hoover Dam Tour from Las Vegas
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gray Line Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV 89139-5948
A brief check-in, restrooms and a cafe available.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
Hoover Dam Express Tour: This tour provides approximately 2 hours of free time at the Dam - where you can go on the two-hour guided discovery tour, visiting the exhibit gallery, penstock viewing platform, visitor center and more.
Hoover Dam Deluxe Tour: Why not upgrade your tour to include a lunch at The Hoover Dam Lodge followed by a visit to the Ethel M Chocolate factory?
Hoover Dam Deluxe Tour and Lake Mead Cruise: To make the most of your day, you have the opportunity to include a memorable 90-minute cruise on the Desert Princess paddle boat to enjoy the delights of boating on the largest man-made lake in the US. A picnic style meal is served aboard the boat.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Lake Mead National Recreation Area, NV 89005
Regardless of which option you select, you'll enjoy phenomenal views of Hoover Dam, admire the beauty of Lake Mead and see the colorful Arizona Paint Pots in stark contrast against the volcanic rocks of Black Mountain.
Stop At: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
Photo opportunity from the Pat Tillman bypass bridge
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ethel M Chocolates Factory and Cactus Garden, 2 Cactus Garden Dr, Henderson, NV 89014
If Option Selected: A self-guided tour of a real working chocolate factory with free samples of chocolate
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Lake Mead Cruises, 490 Horsepower Cove, Boulder City, NV 89005, USA
If option selected: Enjoy and relaxing cruise on the cool and calm water of Lake Mead aboard the Desert Princess and Mississippi style paddle-wheel boat.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hoover Dam Discovery Tour
- 90-minute Lake Mead Cruise (if option selected)
- Ethel M's Chocolate Factory visit and Lunch (if option selected)
- All taxes and fees
- Entry/Admission - Hoover Dam
- Lunch (unless option selected)
- Ethel M' Chocolate Factory (unless option selected)
- 90-minute Lake Mead Cruise (unless option selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants 23 months and under are considered a lap child
- Children ages 2 years and up require a seat .
- This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia, has a pacemaker or defibrillator. Tours are conducted in confined spaces and in a power plant with generators emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them to board and disembark the bus.
- Buses equipped with a lift are based upon availability and might not be available. Should a bus equipped with a lift be required, a three day advanced notice is required, and you must contact the local tour operator immediately after booking to confirm your request.
- Hotel pickup is available for this tour/activity. Please note: depending on the hotel, buses may not be able to access or enter every property. In this case, pickup may be redirected to a central bus stop or nearby hotel. Exact pickup details will be provided to the guest upon reconfirmation with the local tour operator.
- 30-minutes of complimentary WI-FI is available.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
Very fair price and organize and also thanks to miss haly for a pleasant drive To Hoover dam. I took the private limousine van and it was terrific.
This was a very well organised tour. I understand it’s called the Express but it would have been nice to have an extra half an hour at the Dam. So much to see. The driver was good, but made a big thing about his tip and even advised what he though this should be per person!! Happy to tip if warranted but do not like to be told that you should tip and the amount?? A little disappointed on this point.
Hoover Dam is fantastic. Lots of waiting around and long bus ride. People collected from several hotels only to go to a depot. 30-40 minute wait before a transfer onto another bus. All in it was two and a half hours to get to the Dam which is 45 minutes away. Return trip was better but still lots of hotel stops.
I highly recommend this tour. It gives you enough time to enjoy the dam and still get back to Vegas for the evening. We had a great time and learned a lot. We couldn't go inside the dam because they're doing work, but our driver made sure we had extra stops to make up for it.
Tony our driver was excellent!! He made sure to explain everything so that we had a good visit a hoover Dam.
Awestruck by the size of this structure. No wonder its Americas most visited attraction.
Our tour guide, Felix was amazing. He was very kind and courteous! I highly recommend this tour.