3-Day Tasmania Combo: Launceston to Hobart Active Tour Including Cradle Mountain, Freycinet National Park and Port Arthur
Day 1: Cradle Mountain World Heritage Area
Departs Launceston 7.30am, Returns Launceston 7.00pm
Overnight: Launceston (accommodation by own arrangement)
Pick up today from your central Launceston hotel/hostel between 7.00am – 7.30am
Return to Launceston around 6.30 – 7.00pm after a huge yet unforgettable Cradle Mountain day.
Day 1 highlights:
• Cradle Mountain World Heritage Area (4-5 hours)
• Dove Lake
• A variety of short introductory walks
• Rainforest city & Pencil Pine Falls Walk
• Dove Lake Walk (easy grade) or Marion’s Lookout (medium grade)
• Weindorfers Chalet
• Weindorfers Forest Walk
• Guided walks & interpretation
• Sheffield – historic ‘Town of Murals’
• Ashgrove Cheese Factory
Day 2: Launceston - Wineglass Bay & Freycinet – Hobart
(bring your bags today!)
Departs Launceston 7.30am, Finishes Hobart 6.30 - 7.00pm
Overnight: Hobart (accommodation by own arrangement)
Pick up today from your central Launceston hotel/hostel between 7.00am – 7.30am.
Finish today to your Hobart CBD accommodation around 6.30 – 7.00pm.
Day 2 highlights:
• Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
• Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
• Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
• Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park - Honeymoon Bay
• Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
• Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
• Visit the historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail
• Treat yourself to the delights at Kate’s Berry Farm before returning to Hobart!
Day 3: Port Arthur & Tasmanian Devils
Departs Hobart at 7.30am, Returns Hobart 6.00pm
** Airport Drop off available by arrangement (small luggage requirements)
Pick up from your central Hobart hotel/hostel between 7.00am – 7.30am
Drop-off back to your Hobart CBD accommodation around 6.00pm.
Day 3 highlights
• Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk
• Pirate’s Bay Lookout, Tasman Arch, Devils Kitchen, Doo Town
• Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park
• Devil Feeding, walk with the wallabies, Birds of the Bush show
• Port Arthur Historic Site (2hrs), Guided Walk, Harbour Cruise
• Richmond Historic Village
• Hobart City Lookout
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Port Arthur Historic Site
- Entry/Admission - Cradle Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Freycinet National Park
- Food and drinks (please either pre-purchase, or there will be opportunities to purchase on tour)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
The parts of the trip in Launceston were great but the guides were quite average. Loved the experience with Clint in Hobart.
Very good trip. Tour guides were punctual, knowledgeable and very helpful. All the places were beautiful and there was enough time to see everything. The only tiny gripe is that the seating on the bus was quite cramped. apart from that, 5 stars!
Highlighly recommended! We had a great time! Tour guides are exceptional!
Although the weather wasn't very cooperative, our guides were amazing - very knowledgable, helpful and patient and the tour itself was amazing!