Cradle Mountain Active Day Trip from Launceston
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania Australia
from in this stunning World Heritage listed area. With around 5 hours to spend in the National Park we leave our walking itinerary flexible to suit our guests and the weather conditions on the day.
After departing Launceston we enjoy a short stop in Sheffield – The Town of Murals. Sheffield is a small and quirky village where the history of the Cradle Mountain region is depicted in artworks across the buildings throughout the town, this includes the opportunity to see the famous Eason’s Mural.
We continue our journey into the mountains and arrive at Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake with around 5 hours of possible walking time before us. We begin with a series of short walks to Rainforest City and Pencil Pine Falls. From here we can choose from the gentle and iconic Dove Lake Circuit an easy 2 hour walk with amazing mountain views. For the more active, we offer the chance to climb to the loftier heights of Marion’s Lookout. This walk is well rewarded with amazing 360 degree views of the surrounding World Heritage wilderness area.
Enjoy lunch by a quiet stream, watch the famous and friendly Cradle wombats in their natural habitat, or enjoy the many photographic opportunities that abound. Learn some of the local history as we visit Weindorfer’s Chalet and see the ancient King Billy Pines on Weindorfer’s Forest Walk.
Cradle Mountain is the backdrop for a truly memorable and not to be missed Tasmanian experience.
On our return to Launceston, we stop and sample some local tasty products at the award-winning Ashgrove Cheese Factory.
We return to Launceston around 6.30pm after a huge yet unforgettable Cradle Mountain day.
Duration: 11 hours
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Walking tours
- National Park entrance fees
- Professionally guided and interpreted walks
- Free tastings at Ashgrove Cheese
- We offer a Hotel pick up from most central city Hotels and Hostels
- Entry/Admission - Cradle Mountain
- • Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase on tour)
- • We do not offer pick ups from Air BnB’s and private residences
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- This is an active tour with walking involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We reserve the right to vary any trip in the event of bad weather or road closure and will incur no liability for any such alteration.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
Knowledgeable guide who could give you estimates of walk times to maximise your day at the Mountain.
A nice and well-organized tour. Because we visited in winter, they provided rain jacket, socks, hand gloves, and beanie for the participants. You need to wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for a walk. Saw few wombats, but unfortunately we couldn't see the peak due to heavy fog.
We are happy because our guide Rod was so helpful to lead us up the mountain. The views from the higher planes were gorgeous. We also enjoyed the company of our cheerful team mates who inspired us to persevere on with the climb.
We were very lucky to have a 10 out 10 weather. Amazing walking trails and breathtaking views. The tranquillity and beauty of the place is incredible. A must on any nature lovers bucket list
GREAT TRIP. You get to spend a lot of time 3hrs at Cradle Mountain, more than enough time to trek up to Marion's Lookout and get a beautiful view of the park area. The sights are breathtaking. I managed to walk around a portion of Dove Lake too. Dress in layers as it gets windier and chillier as you climb higher.