Private Dairy Farm Tour and Traditional Irish Cooking with a Delightful Family
Her cooking knowledge was gained through years of experience, first from her mother and as she worked in the hospitality industry all over the world. Her interest in hospitality took Sharon all the way to Singapore to open an Irish pub. Sharon is known to brew her own kombucha and milk kefir and makes soft cheese and yogurt from milk produced from their farm.
The couple lives on a farmhouse with their three children who are equally enthusiastic in the kitchen. The family farms beside the famous working monastery, Glenstal Abbey and close to the Wild Atlantic Way, and enjoy sharing with travelers stories about their family farm, its history and the advantages of a seasonal production system.
Please note: If you decide to make a stew (and you chose the dairy farm tour), you might start your cooking class before breaking for your farm tour to take advantage of the time it takes to prepare the stew.
- Private farm tour
- Private cooking class and meal with your host Sharon
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
My husband and I did this tour and totally loved it! Sharon and Andrew were lovely and welcoming. I enjoyed the cooking part of the day as well as the farm tour. I’m a city girl and learned so much about the dairy farm business. We would highly recommend this tour!!! If I could give more stars I would!