A Walking Tour of Old Lisbon
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rossio Square, Lisbon 1100-026 Portugal
From Rossio Square we will climb the medieval hill of Lisbon through the iconic Mouraria neighbourhood, the place where, since ages, completely different cultures and traditions meet, including the strongest tradition of Lisbon: Fado.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alfama, Lisbon Portugal
After sweetening our mouth with the delicious pastries from Lisbon, we'll discover all the stories of the inexpugnable St. George Castle and visit the nearby medieval quarter of Santa Cruz.
Later, we will go deep into Alfama neighbourhood, feel its special atmosphere and learn about its history and traditions. We’ll pass by the “Old” Cathedral, inextricably bound to the history of Lisbon since its first settlers, and then, we’ll finish our tour in one of the most charming squares of the ancient town, a great spot for relaxing after such enriching tour.
Duration: 2 hours
- 2 tastings
- Admission fees included
- Don't waste anytime: skip the queues
- Local and professional guide during all the tour
- Entry/Admission - Alfama
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children (under 6 years old) don't pay and are always welcome (please be aware that walking tours with children and baby trolleys may be hard to handle in some situations).
- Minimum numbers apply (2 pax min.). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Maria was a a great guide and her knowledge of old Lisbon was amazing, we thoroughly recommend this tour it gives you a great insight into the whole history of Lisbon and Portugal. Make sure you are reasonably fit the terrain is steep but Maria does the tour in short stages which is good. Terry and Laurel Perth Western Australia