Half-Day Small-Group Fátima Tour from Lisbon
There is much to see in Fátima, such as the Chapel of the Apparitions which marks the most precise spot where the Holy Mary is believed to have appeared. Today, the sanctuary has become an impressive place of faith. There are two basilicas, the marble neo-Baroque 'Our Lady of the Rosary', and the more recent 'Holy Trinity Basilica', the fourth largest Catholic temple in the world in capacity.
In addition to these sites, guests will have time to observe other points of interest such as the homes of Francisco, Jacinta Marto, and Lucia, the Three Shepherds, in the town of Aljustrel. Here you'll find faithful reconstructions of scenes from other times using old objects such as family photographs, clothes, kitchen utensils, and furniture. Your guide will be at your side for any explanations or information.
Guests will then be dropped off at either the Marquês de Pombal Hotel, or Rossio Square in Lisbon's city center at approximately 3pm.
• 9:00 - Departure from Lisbon
• 10:30 to 11:10 - Guided visit at the Three Shepherds old houses
• 11:20 - Arrival to Fátima Sanctuary (free time to attend mass, to purchase souvenirs, and explore the area)
• 13:00 - Return to Lisbon
• 14:30 - Drop-off at Marquês de Pombal or Restauradores square
• All these times and duration are approximate (+/- 10 min.)
• Departure time from Lisbon, counts from the last pick-up; can be before or after 9:00.
• Please be aware that we only stay in Fátima Sanctuary for 1 Hour and 45 minutes.
- Hotel pickup (or nearest location possible) only in certain areas of the city (center). It may be required to get to a standard pick-up point (i.e Cais do Sodré train station or Saldanha metro station)
- Drop-off at 2 centrally located points: Restauradores square / Marquês de Pombal
- Small-group tour (8 people max.
- Professional but informal local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- WiFi available in the minivan
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please contact the company at least 24 hours before the activity for exact pick-up location and time (normally between 08:00 AM to 08:45 AM).
- Pick-up at your hotel (or nearest location possible) only in certain areas of the city (center). It may be required to get to a standard pick-up point (i.e Mercado da Ribeira or Saldanha areas). Parque das Nações area is not available for pick-up.
- Please note that you may have to walk a short distance from your accommodation to be picked up.
- Drop off (done in only two locations: Restauradores square or Marquês de Pombal).
- Please be reminded that there may be more than one language spoken during the tour (max. two languages).
- English, Spanish and Portuguese are available all year round. French, Italian, Russian and Romanian ONLY ON REQUEST (according to availability).
- Please note that infants and children occupy a seat.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- Child rate applies only when accompanied by, at least, 1 paying adult.
- Maximum of 8 persons per vehicle.
- It's a good idea to wear tennis shoes or other appropriate footwear for the tour and bring along a bottle of water. In summer bring your sunscreen and in winter it gets very cold so make sure you bring a jacket.
- A minimum of 2 people and maximum of 8 people per booking is required: there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- In case of adverse weather conditions (e. g. heavy rain), the tour will not be canceled, unless there are warnings and alerts by official organisms.
- We are not responsible for any traffic congestion in the city, resulting from cultural, sport and religious events, or even demonstrations / strikes, etc. However we will always offer alternatives to avoid these situations; one of them is to change the pick-up and drop-off locations. Unfortunately, this may be transmitted without prior notice.
We felt rushed from the start to the end of the tour. We were dropped off at 2pm which was supposedly 3pm. We didn't get a lot of information about the sanctuary and we were brought to the fabrica store to buy souvenirs instead of just buying it in local stores to save time.
We were with Daniel who was very informative and balanced a tour with English speakers (my husband and I), four Italian speakers, and a Spanish speaking couple. It was the perfect amount of time to explore Lisbon. Would recommend it.