Private Tour: Arrábida Day Trip from Lisbon Including Wine Tasting
At the edge of the Arrábida mountain range, stop in the small town of Palmela. Ascend the fortified castle — a former Moorish stronghold — around which the village is built and take in astounding views of the surrounding peaks and farmland, as well as of Lisbon and the coastline. Hop back into the car and continue the journey with your guide, weaving through the slopes of the forested Arrábida range.
Call into an intimate family-owned winery in the heart of the protected park. Explore the cellars, before raising four local wines to your lips during a tasting session. Before leaving the park, stop at the highest point, a 1,640-foot (500-meter) peak to snap some photos and take in the verdant vistas.
Return to Lisbon, stopping briefly at the Christ the King monument, which — just like its famous namesake statue in Rio de Janeiro — overlooks the city. Your tour then finishes with a drop-off back at your Lisbon hotel.
Full-Day Tour Upgrade (8 Hours)After pickup from your Lisbon accommodation in the morning, follow the same itinerary as the half-day tour.
Instead of leaving Arrábida Natural Park for Lisbon, continue on to the fishing village of Sesimbra, which is situated at the foothills of the adjacent mountains on the Atlantic coast. Perhaps sit down for lunch in one of the town’s restaurants (own expense), before enjoying free time to lounge on the beautiful golden sand beach.
Next up is the pretty village of Azeitao, also located in the foot of the Arrábida hills amid olive and cork trees. Call into a local wine cellar, where you can try the region’s renowned sweet muscatel wine and a red variety.
Travel back to Lisbon with your private guide, stopping to soak up the city views from the Christ the King monument. Your tour ends with a drop-off back at your accommodation in Lisbon.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Expert guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 4 wine tastings (If half-day option selected)
- 6 wine tastings (If full-day option selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age for wine tasting is 18 years
- Infant / child seats are mandatory for children aged 0-12. If you have children under 12 years old, please advise their age. Infant and child seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
There was four in our party, the morning half of the trip was very good and the winery we visited was very generous with their sampling. We ordered a wonderful cheese, very inexpensive to go with our wine. A wonderful experience even at 11 am. The afternoon winery although large and well known served so so samples. Lunch at the fishing village was excellent. Family owned and very reasonable. Beautiful. I recommend the morning trip only.
We enjoyed this tour very much. Luis was an excellent guide.