Livorno Shore Excursion: Pisa and Florence in One Day Sightseeing Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Acquario di Livorno, Piazzale Pietro Mascagni 1, 57127, Livorno Italy
Meet your guide or driver at the Bus terminal "scambiatore " and depart for Pisa and Florence
Stop At: Piazzale Michelangelo, Viale Michelangelo, 50125, Florence Italy
The square, dedicated to the Renaissance sculptor Michelangelo, has bronze copies of some of his marble works found elsewhere in Florence: the David and the four allegories of the Medici Chapel of San Lorenzo.
The view captures the heart of Florence from Forte Belvedere to Santa Croce, across the lungarni and the bridges crossing the Arno, including the Ponte Vecchio, the Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio, the Bargello and the octagonal bell tower of the Badia Fiorentina.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Croce, Piazza Santa Croce 16, Florence Italy
It shelters the tombs of Michelangelo, Machiavelli, and Galileo and it is also known for its frescoes by masters such as Giotto, Gaddi and Taddeo
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Duomo - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, Via della Canonica, 1 Piazza del Duomo, 50122, Florence Italy
Afterwards, proceed to the very heart of Florence and stop in the Cathedral square to view the Duomo, the Baptistry and Giotto's Bell Tower.The impact and magnitude of the Cathedral are overwhelming. This splendid building is adorned with green, red and white marble.The interior houses priceless works of art including Michelangelo's Deposition.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Piazza della Repubblica, Florence Italy
Get out of the car and proceed through some of Florence's most elegant streets.You will have some free time to explore.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Piazza della Signoria, 50122, Florence Italy
This was the old center of Florentine life. View the Uffizi Gallery building in the form of a horseshoe extending from Piazza della Signoria to the Arno river. The Uffizi consists of 44 rooms housing paintings of Cimabue, Giotto, Botticelli, Leonardo Da Vinci.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ponte Vecchio, 50125, Florence Italy
Visit the most elegant Ponte Vecchio meaning old bridge.It is home to gold and jewerly vendors.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Piazza dei Miracoli, Piazza del Duomo, 56126, Pisa Italy
The first building constructed at Campo dei Miracoli, Pisa, was the cathedral, or Duomo di Pisa, which rests on a white marble pavement and is an impressive example of Romanesque architecture.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Leaning Tower of Pisa, Piazza del Duomo Piazza dei Miracoli, 56126, Pisa Italy
Tower of Pisa is more accurately referred to simply as the bell tower, or campanile.
The Pisa tower is one of the four buildings that make up the cathedral complex in Pisa, Italy, called Campo dei Miracoli or Piazza dei Miracoli, which means Field of Miracles.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Port pick.up and drop-off
- Professional guide with over 8 passengers otherwise English speaking driver
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Live commentary on board
- Courtesy and service
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Small-group tour no more than 30/35 per bus with average 20 passengers
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di Santa Croce
- Entry/Admission - Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: If there are less than nine people on the tour, transport will be in a small vehicle and the tour will be led by a driver. If the tour group exceeds nine people, transport will be in a minivan that will include a separate driver and guide.
- This is a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group.If you have limited mobility we suggest to book a private tour for your best enjoyment.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are not ready to depart at the assigned time , we cannot promise to fulfill the mentioned itinerary nor promise to extend the duration of the tour.Please allow enough time to catch the free shuttle and meet us at the designated spot on time.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Order of stops may vary.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Stephanie our tour guide was AMAZING on Sept 19, 2019. She made everyone feel like she was giving them a private personal tour. She remembered names, answered every question, had great insight on what to do, gave us enough time and was one of the best tour guides I've every had. I was in a group of ten and we LOVED her and everyone wants to recommend her again and again.
This was the first stop on our cruise and was our daughter's birthday. She had been wanting to go to Florence for a long time and the tour did not disappoint. From the very beginning of the tour, things were very well organized. The company had representatives at the ship to direct us to the correct shuttle bus to reach our tour guide (much less stressful meeting point than some of our other tours). Our tour guide was Katia and she was fantastic! The tour group consisted of about 25 people and she did a great job managing the large group, making it feel much smaller and intimate. She provided incredible insight into Italian history and culture during the bus ride to both Pisa and Florence, making the time go by quickly. She was very well organized, utilizing headsets so that everyone could hear her as we toured the busy streets of Pisa and Florence. I appreciated that she gave us as much free time as she could in each location and made great recommendations for lunch, gelato, and shopping in Florence! Definitely a tour we would highly recommend!
Tour guidance was wonderful.. was extremely knowledgeable in areas of where we were.. it was a very pleasant tour
We took this tour on our one day stop in Livorno. It was unfortunate that the weather was cloudy and rainy but it did not stop the enjoyment of see the amazing sights. We also had an extra special guide in Marco Luise who was knowledgeable, polite and helpful. He did not let the weather dampen his or our spirits. The walking tour was enjoyable and the sights spectacular such as the leaning tower in Pisa and the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio in Florence. The scene looking over Florence was spectacular. I highly recommend this tour especially when you only have a limited amount of time (one day) in the area.
We had a very smooth tour, our bus was ready for us at the port terminal. Our guide Stefania was very knowledgeable and we had a great time. We got to see the most iconic places of each city, definitely 8 hours is not enough time to see and experience everything there is to see in these cities, but even with that limitation the tour was fantastic!
Tour guide was very knowledgeable. Length of time in Pisa sufficient. Florence was a bit to short on time. Don’t expect to do a lot shopping. This was no fault of the tour company as it’s a long drive and they need to get you back to port on time. Worth the time.
Excellent trip for the cost. Our guide, Stefania, was just fantastic, she didn't stop explaining everything and was very patient with our big group. I highly recomend it
Nice Pisa and Florence tour. The driver and the tour guide were very knowledgeable and accommodating. Pisa was beautiful, Florence was very scenic. Definitely would recommend this tour.