Wine Tasting & Tuscany Countryside including San Gimignano & Volterra
Our Tuscany Wine tasting tour Including Volterra and San Gimignano shore excursion from Livorno port has been designed for our guests who have already visited the famous cities of Florence and Pisa, and are interested in exploring other beautiful areas of Tuscany rich in charm, history and culture.
Pass By: Acquario di Livorno, Piazzale Pietro Mascagni 1, 57127, Livorno Italy
Volterra is a walled mountaintop town in the Tuscany region of Italy. Its history dates from before the 7th century BC and it has substantial structures from the Etruscan, Roman, and Medieval periods.
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Cathedral of Volterra (Duomo), Piazza San Giovanni, Volterra Italy
San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena, Tuscany, north-central Italy. Known as the Town of Fine Towers, San Gimignano is famous for its medieval architecture, unique in the preservation of about a dozen of its tower houses, which, with its hilltop setting and encircling walls, form "an unforgettable skyline. After your visit enjoy wine tasting and small lunch in a local winery
Duration: 3 hours
Location: San Gimignano Bell Tower, Piazza del Duomo, 53037, San Gimignano Italy
- Wine Tasting and snacks in Local Farm house
- Live commentary on board
- Courtesy and service
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Professional Escort/Guide with over 8 passengers otherwise English speaking driver
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Small-group tour no more than 30 per bus with average 15 passengers
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Admission fees if any
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you suffer from any food allergies or intolerances please advise us .
- If you are not ready to depart at the assigned time , we cannot promise to fulfill the mentioned itinerary nor promise to extend the duration of the tour.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the the port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded.
- Your driver is not a licensed tour guide. Due to strict Italian laws and regulations in place to protect officially licensed guides, drivers can comment and explain attractions only from inside the vehicle. Drivers cannot elaborate on the attractions when they are outside of the vehicle.
- This is a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group.If you have limited mobility we suggest to book a private tour for your best enjoyment.
- Please be ready 15 minutes before departure time
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
Great Day. Grazie Francesco. We were provided a first rate tour of Tuscany with a driver and guide who could not have done more to acommodate his guests.
We did back to back cruises on Azamara for a total of 18 days - and I can honestly say this was a highlight of the entire trip. Beautiful drive through the countryside to a winery that also included a tour of the working farm. The food and tasting were great but the view from the outdoor tasting area was as good as it can get - you are on top of a hill looking over vineyards, and a few kilometers away is the next hill with San Gimignano and its iconic towers. We then visited San Gimignano and then on to Volterra. We had been to Volterra before on our own and loved its local feel but this tour made us appreciate it even more. Our fantastic guide was born and raised in Volterra. She showed us her high school and pointed out things only a local would know. She also knew the head of the local alabaster factory and we took a tour there with a personal demonstration on how they make a vase out of a block of alabaster. A fantastic day at a fantastic value.
We had the best day of all with Francesco in our 6 week European holiday. His shore excursion of Tuscany included the beautiful towns of San Gimignano and Volterra. The winery tour with lunch overlooking the beautiful Tuscan countryside was a highlight. Francesco is a very safe driver and was waiting in his immaculate car when we docked. His superb singing voice completed the day. Grazie Francesco
We had an amazing time on this almost 9 hour tour. The local company in Tuscany was "DriverInRome" and Laura was our tour guide. Went to many small old towns and the Wine Tasting was at a farm winery. The wine and lunch was wonderful. They all did an excellent job and would use them again. Very professional and worth every penny. Loved it !!
We had a van of eight people. We had a great guide in Francesco that made it truly a great tour. We visited all the sites plus had a few minutes in Pisa. The wine tasting tour was at a picturesque winery with great views of San Gimignano. I would recommend this tour.
Excellent...highly recommended. Gorgeous vineyard with spectacular views. Delicious food and wine with a wonderful tour guide to lead the way!
This tour was excellent! Our driver, Francesco, brought us to the most beautiful places in Tuscany. We visited a gorgeous farmhouse overlooking the sprawling countryside, then went to the majestic town of San Gimignamo. Since we had a small group (only 4 people), so he let us choose where we would like to go for the 3rd stop. We decided to do more wine tasting so he brought us to a beautiful restaurant where we tasted more wine and also had lunch. It was a picture perfect day from beginning to end.
Danielle was with us for the day, but right away I need to mention that the vehicles need better air conditioning. He was very nice and informative. The winery was a great stop with some great views along the way, but you could get car sick. The towns were really cool to stop in and shop around, I thought we had plenty of time. If you have been to Florence before like I have this is a great tour to do. It is a good hour each way. We ended up buying a case of wine and shipped it home. Think $137 euro.