Changing of the Guard Guided Walking Tour in London
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piccadilly Circus, London W1J 9HS England
We begin the tour in this iconic location in Central London
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: St. James's Palace, London England
We see this 500 year old palace from the outside and wait for the Guards to begin the ceremony.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Changing of the Guard, Buckingham Palace, London SW1A 1AA England
We follow the guards along the Mall, and have a beautiful view of Buckingham Palace.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Regent Street, London W1, London England
We walk along this beautiful street on the way to the royal section of London.
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- There are no toilet or refreshment breaks on this tour
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Ceremony can be altered at the discretion of the British Army, or occasionally due to rain
- All tours are dependent on the British Army's schedule
- No dogs are allowed on the tour other than guide dogs.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We do not see the section of the ceremony which occurs on the courtyard of Buckingham Palace, but instead we observe the highlights of the ceremony in other locations.
- Travellers should have good mobility as we encounter three flights of steps and march at the same pace as the guards at one point
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Fabulous a must see, get their early to get a good spot . And wait for it they march one way and takes another 15 minutes for them to change n walk back out. Try to position near The round about then you can see the horses march by also
Kevin made sure that we saw the changing of the guards from multiple locations. Also very fun and informative tour.
We absolutely loved our Buckingham Palace walking tour! Amber was the best guide! She was so knowledgeable and shared so many interesting things about London with us!
Excellent tour guide Danielle, great knowledge of the subject and enables us to see from. Good vantage points. The disappointment was the size of the group. Well organised but too large. Booked thinking it was a small group tour that I had done previously, however cannot praise Dani enough she managed the group with ease
This Tour was a lot of fun Our tour guide Amber was the best Very recommendable Tour for childrens too
Many guys in red uniform marching under guard of armed policemen :
Fast paced through a very dense crowd. Easy to lose the guide so stay aware! Something to do if you've seen the changing of the guard before.