Private Guided Tour: The British Museum London
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG England
Trade in paintings for mummies and historical artifacts on a tour of the British Museum. The enormous collection spans 6000 years of human history, featuring items from all over the world including Samurai armor and rare Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. Our guides will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museum’s galleries, discussing primitive tribes and fallen empires through a carefully chosen selection of items. You’ll learn about the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone – the actual rock, not the language learning program. Walk away with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and hopefully you’ll be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours London, 80 Cathcart Road, London SW10 9DJ England
Say “Cheerio” to the dusty, stodgy tours of yesteryear. At Babylon Tours, our London is fresh and engaging – the one that you probably want to experience. Join us on a private or small group tour through the National Gallery and the British Museum or hit the streets through a historic tour of the center and (maybe) catch a glimpse of Kate or the rest of the royal family. Our young, energetic guides at Babylon Tours will introduce you to London in the best way possible, from Big Ben to the street art of its multicultural East End.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Guided Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: British Museum and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We signed up for a guided tour as we wanted to learn more than we would by just doing the self-guided tour. We met our guide Becky at the appointed time and place and spent an incredible 2 and 1/2 hours seeing highlights of the Museum. She was a wonderful guide, so knowledgeable and upbeat, and so full of great information. We could not have been any more pleased with her or the tour.
The museum was so crowded the day I went, probably because of the rain. It was great having the guide navigate through all the people. Nice to be able to ask questions.
Our guide, Becky, was very knowledgeable, personable, and professional. She offered to customize her tour to our preferences as we were a small group. I would highly recommend taking this tour, as it gave us a foundarion to further explore the more than 4 million pieces in the museum's collection. Many Thanks!!!
Angus is a terrific guide. Very knowledgeable and patient too. Loved the Museum.
Cathy is a terrific tour guide - we had two tours with her -- one at the British Museum and one at the National Gallery -- and learned a lot about the exhibits as well as the other works on display. I think this is a tour that is a must when in London.
Great experience! Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable! He kept it fun and exciting...He knew which items to see, explained the historical significance and could answer all our questions! Our teenager loved it too! We really valued this experience... Would recommend this to anyone going to the British Museum!
The British Museum was my favorite tour of this trip! Our Tour Guide, Becky was great - she was very knowledgeable and gave us the top objects to see, and added some i was interested in. I was so impressed with her ability to answer all our questions and have very even-sided discussions on the items that specific countries wanted back - would definitely book this tour again on our next trip - in two hours you can only see a very small part of this museum.