The British Museum London Guided Tour - Semi-Private 8ppl Max
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG England
Trade in paintings for mummies and historical artifacts on a tour of the British Museum. The enormous collection spans 6000 years of human history, featuring items from all over the world like Samurai armor and rare Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. Your guide will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museum’s galleries, discussing primitive tribes and fallen empires through a carefully chosen selection of items.
You’ll learn about the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone – the actual rock, not the language learning program. Walk away with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and hopefully you’ll be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours London, 80 Cathcart Road, London SW10 9DJ England
Say “Cheerio” to the dusty, stodgy tours of yesteryear. At Babylon Tours, our London is fresh and engaging – the one that you probably want to experience. Join us on a private or small group tour through the National Gallery and the British Museum or hit the streets through a historic tour of the center and (maybe) catch a glimpse of Kate or the rest of the royal family. Our young, energetic guides at Babylon Tours will introduce you to London in the best way possible, from Big Ben to the street art of its multicultural East End.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Semi-Private Museum Tour
- Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: British Museum and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Stephanie was well informed, engaging, and attentive to our questions. A wonderful morning in London!
One of the best we have done in the last three weeks in Europe. Kathy is very Knowledgeable and obviously loves her job .
Alex was the worlds best tour guide! He was fantastic! We had a ten year old and a thirteen year old and two adults. We all loved history but thought that we really lacked any l relevant knowledge, especially for the children. Alex selected items as we went round the museum that were the best fit for us. His passion REALLY enthused us! He was patient, thoughtful and efficient. We would like to go on more tours with Alex. If you want to visit The British Museum and you have a group like ours, you must do this small group tour, otherwise it could be overwhelming.I would not hesitate to recommend this tour.
Great guide Alexander Mariotti
Angus was our guide, he was excellent. I was in awe of this fabulous museum.
The tour was wonderful. It was a great way to learn and experience the museum in a way that was not overwhelming. The guide was friendly, fun and a very good teacher.
Our tour with Becky was amazing! She knew so much about everything we saw and made the experience much more rich than it would have been if we had just wandered through on our own. Totally recommend this tour!