Kentucky Derby Museum General Admission
Located in Louisville, the Kentucky Derby is one of America’s most exciting horse racing events in the world and takes place at Churchill Downs Racetrack. It is the first leg of the American Triple Crown and is known as "The Most Exciting Two Minutes In Sports" because of the actual duration of the race. Some like to call the race "The Run for the Roses" for the blanket of roses draped over the Derby winner.
When you visit, you will enjoy a self-guided tour of the Kentucky Derby Museum, which includes two levels of family-friendly interactive permanent & temporary exhibits. Ten minutes past each hour, you will have the opportunity to see "The Greatest Race," an 18-minute movie about the Kentucky Derby and its history, a story that puts you right in the heart of the first Saturday of May. Immediately following "The Greatest Race" and at 30-minutes past every hour, you will experience an exhilarating 30-minute guided walking tour of historic Churchill Downs Racetrack and witness where some of the most famous teams of jockeys and Thoroughbreds competed such as Secretariat, Barbaro, Big Brown, California Chrome and the most recent Triple Crown winner in 2015- American Pharoah.
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Kentucky Derby Museum
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved if you choose to enjoy the historic walking tour of Churchill Downs
- Wheelchair accessible: Free wheelchair rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis upon request. You are welcome to bring your own manual wheelchair, motorized wheelchair or electric mobility scooter.
- An induction loop is available for hearing impaired.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Parking is available in front of the Museum. On race days during the Churchill Downs Racetrack events, there will be a charge for parking in this lot.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Really enjoyed this tour!! John, the tour guide was great! The staff was extremely helpful. Learned a lot about the Kentucky Derby and Churchill Downs that I didn't know before. The movie in the round was fantastic. We loved how we could take as much time as we needed to tour the Museum, so we could take in everything. We would definitely recommend this tour to anyone coming to Louisville!!
The museum is really interesting. A must see for any one with interest in The Derby. The tour of the grounds is pretty special when you think of all the champions that have gone down the very path you are following.