Morning Alms Giving Experience
The sacred ritual of alms giving takes place every morning in Luang Prabang, and you will be able to take part in this mystical tradition through this unique experience. Through a pickup at your hotel, you will be transported to the location where you will be best able to witness a procession of three hundred young monks, walking silently in the early morning, and humbly begging for their daily meal. They collect sticky rice into their bowls, and whatever food offering that the local people may give. This is a ritual steeped in religion and virtues of humility, and you will be able to take part in this sacred experience by also being able offer up some food for the monks as well. Beyond the regular tour, this experience is fulfilling and offers you new insight into Buddhism. Take a side trip to a local market and immerse yourself in the busy mornings of the locals before being dropped off back to your hotel.
- Witness Luang Prabang’s young monks collect sticky rice and food offerings as their daily ritual
- See first hand a sacred Buddhist tradition performed as a way to demonstrate humility
- Be a part of the sacred ritual by offering food and interacting with the monks
- A hotel pick up and drop off is included to make your travel to and from the location convenient
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email