Cinque Terre Tour Small Group Tour from Lucca
You will also marvel at the stone walls and terraces that villagers have created over the years for vineyards and olive trees. You will discover this magic land by ferry-boat (or by train in case of bad weather conditions).
Travel along the Ligurian villages and experience all the beauty of this fantastic land.
There is no hiking on our tour, we will reach village by village by train or boat, but we do not suggest the tour for people with walking difficulties.
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A minimum of 4 people is required to run the tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
She knew how to efficiently navigate us from village to village. Her English is great, easy to understand. Very knowledgeable, helpful and fun personality! Would definitely do a tour with her again.
We were very fortunate with the weather on this tour as the sea was calm enough to travel between towns by boat it wouldn't have been the same if we'd shuttled from town to town by bus or train. Approaching by boat gives you a totally different perspective on the towns, which cling to precipitous slopes in a charming fashion. Speaking of slopes, I have to say, having met a large man with bad knees, these are not places for anyone with mobility or weight issues there will be problems in negotiating slopes and many narrow staircases. We had two guides - one for the trip to the Cinque Terre, who was good on local colour and one for Pisa and back to Lucca, who was good on history, so all bases were covered. Four stars, because the trip is highly don't-miss recommended, but I'm not sure what a trip would have to involve to be amazing.
The sights were great but we spent far too much time waiting for the boats. In some cases we spent 40 minutes visiting a village and 30 minutes standing in the sun on the pier waiting for the boat. This happened a couple of times, which was frustrating as the day went along. It was a case of hurry up and wait. On the final stop, we were sitting in a park enjoying the views and taking it all in, and she asked us if we wanted to wait in the van seeing as how we were back at the meeting place early. Given a choice of a shady park bench with views of the harbour or inside a hot van we, of course, chose the bench. Disappointed that she seemed to want the day to finish as early as possible.
Best tour we did! Our guide was amazing,, the day was perfect! I want to go back!
This trip was absolutely outstanding. Our guide, Emilia, was excellent. A great day out.