Madrid - Toledo Tour
There is a saying in Spanish that until you’ve seen Toledo, you haven’t seen Spain- such is the unique beauty and fascinating history that awaits you in this walled medieval city! On this convenient guided tour from Madrid you’ll begin at the Museum of El Greco, one of the geniuses of the Spanish Renaissance who lived and worked in this city over 400 years ago. After viewing the extensive collection of his masterpeices and winding through the narrow cobbled streets, you’ll arrive at the cathedral where you can admire the impressive medieval Gothic architecture. Next you’ll head to the Church of St. Tomé where you can gaze in awe at one of El Greco’s finest works, ‘The Burial of the Count of Orgaz’ as your guide takes you through the painting and explains the fascinating local legend that inspired it. Before viewing a live demonstration of damascene, a centuries-old technique of decorating steel with threads of silver and gold you’ll visit Santo Domingo El Antiguo, an 11th Century monastery that not only houses one of El Greco’s earliest works but the crypt where the artist himself is buried. You’ll then enjoy a panoramic sightseeing through this picturesque city and have the opporuntiy to snap some incredible photos before heading back to Madrid on a comfortable air-conditioned coach.
- Known as ‘The City of Three Cultures’ and only 70km from Madrid, Toledo’s medieval charm and unique artistic beauty is a must-visit
- Admire the city’s beautiful and eclectic architecture from all periods of time built in Arabian, Gothic, Moorish, Renaissance and Baroque styles
- Visit the Church of St. Tomé that houses the finest work of El Greco, one of the greatest artists of the Spanish Renaisaance
- Walk around Toledo’s impressive Cathedral, viewed as one of the top 10 cathedrals to visit in the whole of Spain
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email