Hot-Air Balloon Ride over Madrid’s Guadarrama Regional Park
On arrival at the site, watch your brightly colored balloon inflate while listening to a comprehensive safety briefing with your pilot. Then, step inside your balloon’s basket and take to the skies with your pilot. Each basket comfortably holds between 10 and 16 people, so there’s plenty of room for you to sightsee as you soar gently up and away.
Have your camera ready to capture bird’s-eye views of Guadarrama Regional Park as you softly glide through the early morning skies. As you pass over beautiful oak forests, your pilot will talk to you about the area’s captivating landscape; hear about lesser-known monuments like the stunning Castle of Mocha as you glide above it and learn about the mountains that frame the national park.
After an hour in the air, listen to your pilot’s instructions for a smooth landing. Once back on the ground make your way inside the on-site café to enjoy your typically lavish Spanish brunch. Meals change according to seasonality and what’s available on the day of your tour, but typical meals include slices of Iberian chorizo and sausage, cured cheeses and bread. In the winter, a warming soup is often served.
Relax as you eat, and after receiving your souvenir photo, video and flight certificate, toast your group with your glass of sparkling cava; it’s the perfect way to celebrate your Spanish hot-air balloon flight! Finish your experience at Villanueva de la Cañada or your Madrid hotel, depending on option selected.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Hot-air balloon flight (1 hour)
- HD tour video, photo and flight certificate
- Brunch, water and 1 glass of cava
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children between 6 and 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Comfortable closed walking shoes are highly recommended
- There is no seating available in the basket; passengers stand during the flight
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Wonderful Experience . Beautiful views, loved every part of that morning and the staff was so friendly and nice.
The ride itself was great, but there was a little disorganization around me getting picked up and dropped off back at my hotel. I had to wait about 30 minutes on each end for the driver. However, the employees were very nice and I had a great time.