Madrid Combo: City Sightseeing and Skip-the-Line Prado Museum Guided
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Templo de Debod, Calle Ferraz 1, 28008 Madrid Spain
We will stop for a walk and taking some pictures accompanied by our guide.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Plaza Mayor, Calle Gerona 4, 28012 Madrid Spain
We make a new stop and we will be able to visit la Plaza de Villa and Puerta del Sol
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Carrera de San Jeronimo, Madrid Spain
Carrera de San Jeronimo
Pass By: Plaza de las Cortes, Madrid Spain
Pass By: Fuente de Neptuno, Paseo del Prado Plaza de Canovas del Castillo, 28014 Madrid Spain
Pass By: Paseo del Prado Paseo Del Prado, 1, Madrid Spain
Walk of Art: Thyssen, Prado & Reina Sofía Museums
Pass By: Estacion de Atocha, Glorieta Del Emperador Carlos V Glorieta Carlos V S/N, 28045 Madrid Spain
Pass By: Cibeles Fountain, Plaza de Cibeles, Madrid Spain
Stop At: Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, Calle de Alcala 237, 28028 Madrid Spain
We will make our last stop in this iconic bullring
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Stadio Santiago Bernabeu, Avenida de Concha Espina 1 Bernabeu Stadium, Tower B, 28036 Madrid Spain
Relive more than a hundred years of Real Madrid history. Welcome to the Bernabeu Tour, where you will see the stadium as you have never seen it before. Get ready to feel the excitement of being on the pitch itself, the thrill of pre-match tension, the glow of past glories and the long history that has molded one of the world’s best football teams.
Pass By: Street Gran Via, 28013 Madrid Spain
Pass By: Barrio de Salamanca, Jose Ortega y Gasset, 8 - patio, 28006 Madrid Spain
Barrio de Salamanca
Pass By: Royal Palace of Madrid, Calle Bailen, 28071 Madrid Spain
Pass By: Plaza de Espana, Western End of the Gran Via, 28008 Madrid Spain
Plaza de España
Stop At: Prado National Museum, Calle Ruiz de Alarcon 23, 28014 Madrid Spain
The building that today houses the Prado national museum was designed by architect Juan de Villanueva in 1785. It was constructed to house the Natural History Cabinet, by orders of King Charles III.
The Museum's first catalogue, published in 1819, included 311 paintings, although at that time its collection comprised just over 1,510 pictures from the various Reales Sitios (Royal Residences). The exceptionally important royal collection, which represents the foundation of the Museum's compilation as we know it today, increased significantly in the 16th century during the time of Charles V and continued to thrive under the succeeding Habsburg and Bourbon Monarchs.
It is thanks to them that we can contemplate in the Museum masterpieces such as The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch, The Nobleman with his hand on his Chest by El Greco, Las Meninas by Velázquez and The Family of Carlos IV by Goya.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance and guided tour to Prado Museum. The ticket is valid for 1 day, until closing time
- Monolingual guided tour at Prado Museum April to October; Bilingual guided tour November to March
- Individual radioguided system for Prado Museum guided tour
- Entry/Admission - Prado National Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants aged 5 years and under are free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat
- On rare occasions, Prado Museum may be closed with little notice due to private functions taking place; impacted bookings will be offered an alternative date to visit or a full refund
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot
- Prado Museum visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Museum Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- Most travelers can participate
- It is possible that some of the paintings that are in our program were not available, despite belonging to the permanent collections of the three museums, because it was assigned for some exhibition, in this case, would be replaced by another painting with a similar artistic value.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
Our guide Miriam was amazing, she was so knowledgable about all the artwork. She made our visit not only pleasurable but interesting.
The guide was the best. His English was very good and his knowledge of Spanish History was excellent, but most impressive was his guided tour through the Prada Museum and his detailed knowledge of each artist he pointed out and what the details of each painting meant.
What a great way to see a LOT of the highlights in the City. Enjoyed seeing the bullfighting arena and all of the beautiful buildings throughout the city. Our tour guide through our brief visit to the Prado was fantastic and did a great job of explaining what the artists were representing, what was happening at the time in history, etc. - very well done!
The afternoon Skip the Line Prado guided tour was spectacular. It was 5-star. I cannot imagine trying to see the Prado without our guide. Her explanation of the key aspects of the paintings and sculptures we saw gave depth and meaning to our experience. Once the guided tour portion of the tour was over, we were free to explore the Prado on our own--a great benefit The morning sightseeing tour of the City was a very good introduction into the layout of Madrid. I would have enjoyed more of the City, and could have traded-off the 30 minutes at the Hard Rock Café for 15, and another 15 on the road.
Absolutely amazing expirience!
We had a great guide!
The City Tour was ok. It's a good overview of Madrid. The tour was in Spanish and English and the switching back and forth was a little distracting. The best part was the Prado tour. It was a small group and we hit all the highlights of the museum. The tour guide did an excellent job with explaining each painting.