El Escorial Monastery Tour
See the UNESCO World Heritage site of El Escorial on this day trip from Madrid, including the Royal Monastery and Basilica in the Valley of the Fallen. Your day will begin early in the morning when you meet your bilingual guide at the Plaza Ramales. Board the comfortable bus for the 45km ride to El Escorial. Your first stop will be the grand Royal Monastery, a legacy of the former Spanish Empire. This grand building was once considered the 8th wonder of the world and houses the mausoleum for many Spanish monarchs. Your guide will take you through the buildings and explain the history behind each of the rooms. Pass through the Chapter Houses, the Weapons Room, the Library, the Mausoleums, and more! Once you have finished touring the Royal Monastery, the tour will continue to the Basilica in the Valley of the Fallen, a monument to the casualties of the Spanish Civil War. This basilica is situated high on a mountain above the valley, with a towering 150 m cross standing above it. Make sure to take lots of pictures of the stunning views from this area. The tour ends here and the group will return to the bus to make the journey back to Madrid.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites of El Escorial, only 45 km from Madrid, in just a day
- Experience the legacy of the former Spanish Empire at the El Escorial Monastery, once considered the 8th wonder of the world!
- Enter the Royal Mausoleum, the Weapons Room, the Library, the Basilica, and other areas of this masterpiece of architecture
- Stand in awe of the enormous Basilica in the Valley of the Fallen, a huge monument to the casualties of the Spanish Civil War
- Learn more about Spanish culture and history from your local English speaking guide
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email