Walking Food and Wine Tour around Old Madrid
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puerta del Sol, 28013 Madrid Spain
Your culinary stroll will begin at either 12:30 PM or 7:00 PM at the Statue of the Bear and the Strawberry Tree (Puerta del Sol).
From here, you will begin your tour with a local expert in history and gastronomy to some the most popular tapas bars of Madrid. You will experience the same venues that the locals go to, seeking traditional tapas such as iberian ham, manchego cheese, garlic shrimp, fried cod (a typical tapa from Madrid) padron peppers, bravas, Spanish Omelette, and more tapas according to the tapas bars that you will visit on the day. You will also get to try a delicious dessert of chocolate with churros (in the winter), or ice cream (in the summer).
You will also pass by iconic Madrid landmarks such as the Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Plaza de la Villa (the old city council), San Miguel Market, the oldest restaurant in the world etc. During your tour, you will learn more about the history of Madrid as well as about the tapas tradition, being able to ask as many questions as you like during your tour.
Duration: 3 hours
- 4 authentic tapas bars
- Bilingual guide
- 1 drink (wine, vermouth, beer, soft drinks or water) in each bar
- Food tasting as listed above
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Transportation to/from attractions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 year
- Not recommended for Celiacs, vegetarians, vegans, lactose intolerant and for those who can not eat fish
- In some bars you may not be sitting but in the bar.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Enjoyed our evening tour on a very warm night in Madrid. Carmen our guide is passionate about her beautiful city and she took us to four different tapas bars, pointing out areas of interest along the way. This is a tour for first time visitors to Spain as the tapas on offer was food we have eaten before on several visits to Spain. Having Carmen with us made it a memorable experience.
This was our first vacation night in Madrid and our tour guide Carmen took us in a fabulous journey thru historical and culinary Madrid. In her company we enjoy great tapas and drinks in places easy to overlook for the traveler who is unfamiliar with the city. We enjoyed our tour and her company so much than we highly recommend it.