Private Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens Tour From Malaga
On this guided tour you will feel the spirit of the last Muslim bastion in Spain. Yusuf is still here – in spirit. So is his father, Ismail I, and his son, Muhammed V. These three sultans were largely responsible for the Palacio Nazaríes – the 14th-century miracle that shines as the Alhambra’s jewel. To amble through these chambers and corridors is to step into Al-Andalus, to feel the energy of a civilization that held such a significant portion of Europe in its clever grip for eight centuries.
Its matters of state still whisper in the Mexuar – a meeting place for ministers, all floral tiles and tapering columns, whose later conversion into a chapel could not conceal its Moorish origins. Its afternoons at play still haunt the Patio de los Leones – an intricate courtyard, the core of royal life under Muhammed V, where fountains splash. And its sophistication still flickers around the Palacio de Comares.
Your tour includes hotel pickup and drop off via private coach from the following cities: Malaga, Fuengirola, Marbella, Torremolinos, and Benalmadena. Then, you will be driven to Alhambra (about 1hr 30min) then you will visit Alhambra with your official tour guide (about 2hrs and 30min). See Nasrid Palace where you will enjoy the Mexuar, Comares and Lions courtyard; Alcazaba - the Military Fortification; and Generalife - the recreational Palace and Gardens.
Enjoy your free time (60 min) exploring outside or inside Alhambra where you can visit our shops, restaurants, and museums. Then, back to Malaga (about 1hr 30min) to conclude your tour.
- Private tour with a professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from the following cities: Malaga, Fuengirola, Marbella, Torremolinos, and Benalmadena
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle with driver
- Transport by air-conditioned coach if option of groups from 10 persons selected
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - The Alhambra
- Entry/Admission - Generalife
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Due to the great demand of tickets and to the restriction of the number of visitors per day, we recommend you to book at least one month in advance
- Entrance to the Nasrid Palaces, Alcazaba, and Generalife Gardens is included
- Once the tour is confirmed, the local tour operator will send you the appointment time as soon as possible
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Please note: the Alhambra requires that all passengers provide the full name, date of birth and passport details for each participant when booking. If not provided, the Alhambra may deny access to their premises.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Amazing tour! We had a super great and knowlegable tour guide Consuelo. Super expensive though. For that kind of money, the tour should have been longer. I wish we would have had more time in the city of Granada we only had 3/4 hour to eat lunch and to walk around - aimlessly.
Our driver and guide were the best! Would definitely recommend. Thank you!
Driver was delightful and an excellent driver. Guide was so knowledgeable and passionate about the Alhambra and the variety of people living and working together. It is a beautiful learning experience. I strongly recommend this tour and Viator.